excersises to rid myself of extra baby belly!

Options
Hey everyone

I had a baby in january and have since lost the baby weight, but my question is: How can i tone up my belly muscles easier then just doing situps ect. I have bad hips and back so when i lay flat on the floor It hurts. Any other ways to tone up the flab? Lol

Replies

• em1976
    em1976 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Cardio,taken me quite awhile but I found no amount of situps etc did anything to my belly,it stayed there.I altered my workouts as I got nearer to my goal,upped the cardio and low and behold,its shrinking!Belly is fat,cardio burns fat so you gotta get your body to eat your belly:)
  • ItsMeLori
    ItsMeLori Posts: 346
    Options
    Cardio!!! It takes a long time. I'm still working on toning my tummy. It is getting flatter but still have fat. I am doing Jillians 30 day shred which is a circuit training workout, she works the upper body, lower body and abs.

Walk away the pounds is a great workout the burns way more calories then regular walking.

Also eating a clean diet will help get you back into shape quicker.

Good Luck!!
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Cardio,taken me quite awhile but I found no amount of situps etc did anything to my belly,it stayed there.I altered my workouts as I got nearer to my goal,upped the cardio and low and behold,its shrinking!Belly is fat,cardio burns fat so you gotta get your body to eat your belly:)

HAHA! So true, but it sounds funny, your body has to eat your belly! hehe! :laugh: :tongue:
  • kikimichelle88
    Options
    I do quite a bit of cardio already but i know there is always room for more! Do you know of any good cardio workout dvds? Or xbox360 games? Im getting bored of my normal workout routine
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Cardio... stair climbing, treadmill, jump ropes, running, swimming... Your body cuts down the fat from all parts of your body and although it doesn't focus on any particular area it often will eat your stomach first so you're in luck. Also, I recommend adding some light weight-lifting at the end of your workout to increase muscle which will burn fat faster.
  • AveryWays
    AveryWays Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    You need to strengthen you abs muscles to BURN the FAT surrounding your belly. I never liked doing abs workout on the floor so I started doing Hip Hop Abs. All standing abs workout and cardio in one. 4 kids via c-section and it's shrinking :bigsmile:
  • evetjh
    evetjh Posts: 1
    Options
    Congrats....
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce, work on losing weight and your belly will follow. Unfortunately the abdomen region is one of the last ares to lose fat
  • rayzerwolf
    rayzerwolf Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I found walking really helped, walking and flexing your muscles that help you hold your pee and your abdominals.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Planks are great for the abs. Also try standing crunches.