Stuffed Peppers....

Options
I got a good recipe for stuffed peppers off the spark people website but wondering what to eat with it? What sides would work with a stuffed pepper??

Replies

• TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't even bother with sides - they're all inside the pepper :)

But if you must maybe saute some leftover pepper slices :)
  • Cat52169
    Cat52169 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I love stuffed peppers!!! I usually have mashed redskins with it. I just put a little butter in them.
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    well what's the website...i will google spark people and see if i can find it.
  • foodforfuel
    foodforfuel Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I don't think you are allowed to eat stuffed peppers without a side of corn niblets :smile:
  • netchik
    netchik Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Stuffed pepper? - side of chicken!!!:laugh:
  • mynika
    mynika Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Try baked sweet potatoes with it, that would be good
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    how bout some wild rice or steamed veggies?
  • rfcollins33
    Options
    I would say rice, but usually that is in stuffed peppers, so I'm gonna say salad
  • DancinSMartiPants
    Options
    I *heart* stuffed peppers and consider them a meal in and of themselves.
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    It depends on what is in the stuffed peppers. If it's a rice-less stuffed pepper, I will usually serve it on a little bed of white/wild rice. If there's rice already in the stuffed pepper, just eat it as is. :-)
  • atkinsad
    Options
    My favorite is to make my 'glorified' mashed potatoes. I make regular mashed potatoes. Then I grate up carrot and put it in a small bowl, add a little water and cover with saran wrap. Stick it in the microwave for just a little bit. The carrot steams in the bowl. Then mix in with your mashed potatos, add a little butter and you have a tasty new side dish!!! :)
  • butterfly0819
    Options
    I love stuffed peppers!!! I usually have mashed redskins with it. I just put a little butter in them.
    now that does sound good :)
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    If they are vegatarian, try chicken or something!
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I never liked the way the peppers cook when you stuff them. So, I turn it into a casserole. chop up the peppers and mix all your ingredients into the casserole. no sides needed.
  • mizducky4
    Options
    RUBY TUESDAY HAS THIS CREAMED COLIFLOWER ITS SOOOOO GOOD AND EASY TO MAKE!