Tuna and Brown Rice surprise!

Options
BigCed77024
BigCed77024 Posts: 1,115 Member
Ok I don't really call it that but I don't know what to name it..lol. I discovered the combo at work by mistake. I wanted to spice up the plain old tuna and forgot to get condiments for it. I looked up in the cupboards and saw something called Tu Ot Sriracha. I was only going to do it for a week. That was 3 months ago.

I eat it almost every day. It's so delicious AND very healthy.

Tuna fish Albacore
Brown Rice
Tu Ot Sriracha
Low sodium teriyaki sauce

After boiling (or nuking) the rice I mixed up the tuna in it. I then pour the Sriracha all over it and mix it up. I then put the teriyaki on it.

I hope that you like it!

Replies

• channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    That sounds awesome bro! I think the name is perfect. :laugh: I'm definately going to have to try that. I love tuna.
  • Dbow0207
    Dbow0207 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Im drooling, sounds delish! Might make it when I get home
  • alicollins74
    alicollins74 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Sriracha is the best! It's good on anything!! I might have to try that...Thanks
  • BigCed77024
    BigCed77024 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    It's the best meal. I literally have it every single day. Honestly I had never eaten tuna daily because of the boredom or having to mix it with unhealthy things..but I am hooked on this. 3 months and counting.
  • BlueSkies_12
    BlueSkies_12 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    bump, thanks!~
  • banjjo
    banjjo Posts: 89
    Options
    I'll have to try it! I'm always looking for great stuff to add to my brown rice/tuna fish mix. :)
  • gioisa75
    gioisa75 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Just an FYI you should not be eating tuna everyday. You could get mercury poisoning from it.
  • lalalalyndsey
    Options
    Mmmm! I've been eating tuna and rice since I came out of the womb! lol I think it might be a filipino thing, but we make tuna salad (like you do for sandos) and just put it on top of rice w/ some soy. SO GOOD! :D
  • CommittohealthCHANGED
    Options
    Thanks
  • pcteck2
    pcteck2 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Ok I don't really call it that but I don't know what to name it..lol. I discovered the combo at work by mistake. I wanted to spice up the plain old tuna and forgot to get condiments for it. I looked up in the cupboards and saw something called Tu Ot Sriracha. I was only going to do it for a week. That was 3 months ago.

I eat it almost every day. It's so delicious AND very healthy.

Tuna fish Albacore
    Brown Rice
    Tu Ot Sriracha
    Low sodium teriyaki sauce

After boiling (or nuking) the rice I mixed up the tuna in it. I then pour the Sriracha all over it and mix it up. I then put the teriyaki on it.

I hope that you like it!

Is that the Vietnamese hot sauce? I'll try it.
    Thanks.
  • mrschappet
    mrschappet Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Oh yum I love that stuff! they have it at one of my favorite teriyaki joints.. I love it on fried rice :-)
  • MakingChange
    Options
    Mmm MMmm Mmmm MMM!!! I love tuna!! If I coul dI has some brown rice at work today!!!
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options

Tu Ot Sriracha

What's this when it's at home - I've never heard of it before....? Would we have it in the UK?
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Tuna every day = too much mercury.
  • piexcore
    piexcore Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    bump
  • fitnesspirateninja
    Options
    Yum, this sounds fantastic.