Jillian Michaels just kicked my *kitten*!!

Options

Replies

• hwilliams519
    Options
    Got a reply from support:

Hello,

Thank you for joining the Jillian Michaels website. Burning calories during a workout varies for each person. There are many things to consider, your age,metabolism, your weigth. your own personal level of intensity( how hard are you working) etc. The average 150 pound person may burn between 200 and 300 calories depending on all of these things. It would be safe to think that you would be burning within that range but to provide more specific information is not possible

Regards,

Nancy
    Customer Service
    Jillian Michaels Online

:flowerforyou:

Thank you so much for finding that out. At least now I have a good general idea of what I'm burning.
  • lenece
    lenece Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Ladies I'm glad to say I ordered Jullian Micheals 30 Day Shred and it should be here by next Thursday...WOOO HOOO..I found it on Amazon.com NEW for $10.12 and that includes shipping n handling..Cant wait to have my *kitten* kicked...:laugh:
  • gingermoon
    gingermoon Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I tried it fo the first time a couple of days ago.
    My legs have finally stopped aching so much!
    I'm hoping to try it again tomorrow without it hurting so much so I can keep doing it daily.
    I've been stuck just working on upper body strength training since.
    I wanna get my *kitten* kicked far far away from me!!!!!
  • MAJackson88
    Options
    Great Job!
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    In level one - if you calls those girls buddy one more time - I am going to drop kick the TV!!!

It's a great workout and fast. I am very pleased with how quickly you get better and better at it too!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I just ordered this one myself.....what BL DVD do you all recommend?
  • ManJayPet
    ManJayPet Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Well Jillian thoroughly kicked my butt last night! What a work out! I cant wait to do it again today! My body aches but i feel amazing!
  • GinaMV
    GinaMV Posts: 9
    Options
    I'm waiting for mine to come in the mail any day now. It sounds great. Can't wait!
  • lenece
    lenece Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Wish mine would hurry up n get here..I want to start gettin my *kitten* kicked..Maybe if I start doin this I will have more energy..
  • HealthyIn09
    Options
    Hey all! I thought I'd be a part of this conversation. I got the 30 day shred for myself as a Christmas gift and today was day two of it. I completely agree that my muscles are just aching right now. I have a heart rate monitor, and for someone like me (226, 5'6") I burn 382 calories! It's definitely a tough work out and I can barely get through the entire thing, but it's SO worth it!
  • ManJayPet
    ManJayPet Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just wanted to mention for anyone who has Comcast if you want to try out 30 day shred go to ONDEMAND and go to exercise TV right now they have level 1 and 2 showing and its freee....I dont know for how long but for now its on there. I also dont know if it matters what area you live in.
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    I 30 day shred for my 4th time. I haven't been able to do it everyday in a row because I was so so so sore the day after day 3 that I had to take 3 or 4 days off. but it does get easier. I am afraid of trying level 2 or even 3! YIKES!!!
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I just went to walmart.com to see if my store has this DVD and I couldnt tell but anyhoo, She has another DVD coming out on Feb 3. It is called Banish Fat Boost Metabalism. She says you can lose up to 5 lbs in a week. I will have to check that one out. ALthough I still want the Chalean Extreme ones and then I though about crunchless abs. To many of them to want.

Connie
  • Teachtheplanet2009
    Options
    Thanks for the 411 on the website. I always wondered how much certain things like gardening and snow shoveling were. I mean, I know they count for something! But most people say it doesn't count for much!

As for Jillian Michaels, go easy. It's easy to kill yourself, but if you work too hard, then it's as bad as not working out at all. Your muscles will need time to recover now, but, it's admirable that you work out as hard as you do!

I just started trying to get back up to par myself before going back to my trainer. I swear, in hell somewhere this is stairmaster.
  • Teachtheplanet2009
    Options
    P.S. Where can I get a smokefree banner? I love yours, and I'm going on my 6th week now.:smokin: What? My smiley can smoke, even if I won't.
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Did day 1 lvl 1 today. It's a good workout. I burned about 300 calories (188 lbs 5'9" 30 yrs old, for anyone that wants to compare). After doing Turbo Jam it's really hard to follow HER rather than the music (if you wanna call it that). I don't like the up, down, up, down, up down stuff either. If I'm on the floor lets do 10-20 minutes on the floor, I don't wanna jump up every 2 minutes. But I feel different muscles today and that's good. I plan on continuing even though it's not as fun as Turbo Jam :smile:
  • HealthyIn09
    Options
    I definitely agree that it's not that fun as Turbo Jam. I was also frustrated at the whole "down on the floor. Ok now, up on your feet. And back down on the floor." I wanted to throw my weights at the television! haha.

Has anyone here done the whole program, or made it to level two? I'm scared that I'll be at level one for the whole 30 days. I can't make it through the whole first level without taking small breaks, so I don't think I'm ready to move on yet.
  • borac
    borac Posts: 174
    Options
    Hi Everyone

I got the dvd about 2 weeks ago and i'm hooked on it.. Used to do all dvd's from Billy Blanks.. but his workouts are 40+ minutes, sometimes it's just hard to get the time .. this is 20 minutes but like you all said- it's killing..
    I'm past level one now, doing level two, i ev en tried combining 1 & 2 one day- and that coming from a person wanting to die on day one -just 2 weeks ago..

Level 3 i don't think i will be able to do in a long time- i hate "plank " position i just hate it .. and level tri somehow is mostly " plank position" ..
  • shanwow16
    shanwow16 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the 411 on the website. I always wondered how much certain things like gardening and snow shoveling were. I mean, I know they count for something! But most people say it doesn't count for much!

As for Jillian Michaels, go easy. It's easy to kill yourself, but if you work too hard, then it's as bad as not working out at all. Your muscles will need time to recover now, but, it's admirable that you work out as hard as you do!

I just started trying to get back up to par myself before going back to my trainer. I swear, in hell somewhere this is stairmaster.
    P.S. Where can I get a smokefree banner? I love yours, and I'm going on my 6th week now.:smokin: What? My smiley can smoke, even if I won't.

No problem, I thought that website was handy!!
    I got the smoke free banner from this website...

http://www.haqur.com/script/SmokeFree/

Trust me, I let my body recover after that workout, I'm attempting Day 2 tonight (even though it's been a week since the last one! haha) I've been to the gym since, but I could barely walk for 3 days after I did the 30 day shred.:laugh:

Keep up the good work on the no smoking...feels great to be able to run again without feeling breathless!! Take 'er one day at a time :wink:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Im on day 2 lvl 1. Yesterday after the workout I felt great but when I woke up this morning WOW I'm I hurting. Managed to do my workout today though. Except for the push ups. Hubby and I started the push up challenge and I'm so sore. I did my push ups on the wall during the workout :smile: Hey it's my workout I'll do it my way!!