Options
    Kool-Aid man.
  • Aj1214
    Aj1214 Posts: 120
    Options
    Thin.
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options
    I love Halloween as well!!! It is my favorite holiday...

I personally am juggling the following ideas... Feel free to steal one.

1) Frida Kahlo - Uni brow's unite!
    2) Rosie the Riveter - We can do it!
    3) John Lennon - I could totally pull this off!

I tend to go against the grain when it comes to Halloween costumes.
  • Emilyannewithane
    Options
    It's my birthday, so I usually make some joke about my birthday suit to my husband. After 18 years it's not all that funny anymore. :)

I think I'm going to be Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz....
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I adore Halloween. It's my mom's birthday so it was always a big deal in my house growing up. Plus, I lived in Las Vegas a number of years where it's a state holiday. Fabulous!

But we don't get ANY trick or treaters at our house. It's so sad. I had SO much candy the first year in this house. Not a single kid. Every year, I make sure to have some candy on hand, but hubby and I always end up eating it. *sniffle*
  • martinimcbride
    Options
    Brewingaz....

You scared the crap outta me!!! Least I'm lighter now :laugh:
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    if you love halloween, then the best city to go enjoy it is New Orleans!! love it. it's their third biggest party after jazzfest and mardi gras. they have a concert series there too, voodoo fest.

was going to go this year, but things came up.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I need some ideas!! Something with blood, preferably.
  • millionsofpeaches
    Options
    I want to try to be this guy for Halloween:
    1187620200.jpg

This was me over a few Halloweens.

halloween.jpg

b4c23526.jpg

Clowns are super scary.
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Well, my kids really like the Backyardigans at the moment. The oldest is going to be Austin (he is the pink kangeroo), the youngest is going to be Uniqua (she is a the pink Uniqua~don't ask because I cannot explain it) and according to them I am going to be Tasha (she is a yellow Hippo). Not really sure how I am going to pull this off. Last year was easy when they were Woody and Buzz from Toy Story and I was Andy's mom.

I love the Backyardigans! Yea, I'm not sure what Uniqua is either! LOL! Great idea! My neighbors 3 kids went as Thing 1 & Thing 2 and The Cat in The Hat one year! It was so cute! They used red sweatsuits and blue wigs for the things and a black sweatsuit for the cat.
    I love creative costumes!
  • smlamb33
    Options
    Some cute idea's I've seen:
    My fav last year was Marge & Homer Simpson. Green dress, pearls, large peice of cardboard (glue cottonballs to it!) and spray paint it BLUE! (The guy just wore a s/s white collar shirt, jeans, 5 o' clock shadow, and was already bald - but he drew the ^^^^^^^^ around his head anyway!)

*Pirate
    *Cowgirl
    *Textbook Librarian (Old white wig, dark nose tip glasses with beaded holder!, stuff your *kitten* with a pillow, old fashioned sweater and some blue eyeshadow) =)
    *Princess Leia (It can be the conservative white dress or the sleazy slave version!)
    *Greek Goddess! Think Medusa or Aphrodite!
    *Lucy (from I love Lucy!)
    *Maybe a few other employees can do a 'group costume' Dress up as the characters from the Wizard of Oz! There are female versions of them all.

AWESOME IDEAS! I love the Wizard of Oz idea but, I am surrounded by stick in the mud librarians. They never dress up. Although I am lovin' the Marge Simpson thing too!
    Thanks for the great ideas! YOU ROCK!
  • smlamb33
    Options
    1187620200.jpg

halloween.jpg

b4c23526.jpg

Ok, that first pic is pretty stinkin' scary!! I wouldn't wanna' meet that in a dark alley! LOL! Thanks for sharing your pics! Your costumes are great!
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    1187620200.jpg

halloween.jpg

b4c23526.jpg

Ok, that first pic is pretty stinkin' scary!! I wouldn't wanna' meet that in a dark alley! LOL! Thanks for sharing your pics! Your costumes are great!

Let's be honest here, the third one is really the scariest one of all three.
  • MellyPfromVT
    MellyPfromVT Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on dressing up at She-Ra Princess of Power. We'll see if any of my high school students know who she is!
  • muffintopminx
    muffintopminx Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    i was thinking about these two:

1. Tina Turner's character from Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
    2. Peg Bundy from Married with Children
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I don't know yet what I am going to be but I found 1_up's costume

cs152d.jpg
  • angelicdisgrace
    angelicdisgrace Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    maybe this one?
    83670.jpg
  • CindiBryce
    CindiBryce Posts: 438
    Options
    Myself.
    I scare little children away.

JK!
  • skinnny1day
    Options
    I never dress up. I want to this year though. Maybeeeee.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on dressing up at She-Ra Princess of Power. We'll see if any of my high school students know who she is!

As a child of the 80s, I remember them...I liked She-Ra, and my brother liked He-Man...I always thought that She-Ra could whoop He-Man's butt, but that's just me....:laugh: