Alright... I'm gonna try this again.

gr8k8b
gr8k8b Posts: 21 Member
Well, I was doing really well with MFP a few months ago, and then... Well everything happened. Moved in with the bf, got a new job, sister got married, had a birthday... and what happened? I stopped counting and exercising.

I just pulled the scale out of all the unpacking I'm still doing (I moved here back in May....) and welp, I put on 20 lbs in the last 3 months. And yeah, I can't deal with that.

So now I'm back here, looking for some people to connect with and help get me (and keep me going!)

So.... Hi. :D

Replies

• lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    Well, we can ALL relate. If I had a dollar for every time I have quit doing what I need to do and regained some weight I would be rich! Really rich....sigh. So just pick yourself up, start where you are and welcome back! You lost if before and you will do it again! You just hit a little bump in the road and are now on the path to success! Good luck.
  • JaycrazyRose
    JaycrazyRose Posts: 104 Member
    Coming back here was your first step in getting back on track. Welcome back.
  • brit7880
    brit7880 Posts: 59 Member
    Don't beat yourself up about the weight gain... you can do this!
  • lynheff
    lynheff Posts: 393 Member
    You can add me to your friend list and we can encourage each other!
  • that's part of the journey
    feel free to add me:)
    good luck
  • raefost
    raefost Posts: 31 Member
    i've just restarted again today so good luck you know it can work
  • gr8k8b
    gr8k8b Posts: 21 Member
    Thanks guys. :D I forgot how amazing this site was. Everyone here is always so positive. Is it wrong to say, just reading posts on this site always put a smile on my face.
  • andreahanlon
    andreahanlon Posts: 263 Member
    I heard couples gain an average of 10 pounds when moving in together... there's half your weight right there! Many of us have to readjust in life. I'm getting back on track myself. A step forward is much better than a step back. :)
  • awww we have all been there feel free to add me :)
  • I know how that goes. I was on for a good long while and losing weight then I got out of the Army (which was the end of my gym access), packed up our house in WA state, and took a cross country trip to FL (where we are now living). Well, I weighed myself shortly after getting here and 25 pounds in 3 months. I am down a little bit but i have a long way to go. I am so happy to be back on and keeping track of my food and work outs. One of the best things about FL and not having a gym membership is the sunshine in the morning! I get a great workout, sweat buckets, and work on my tan!!! Good luck. Add me if you wish.