Newbie From NC - Day 1 & Counting

Options
Hi all, today is day one for me on the road to weight loss. My husband snapped some pictures of me riding one of our horses yesterday and I about died when I got a look at myself. :-O I'm a little in panic mode right now but am determined to keep my dieting healthy. I do have a thyroid condition and gained about 20 lbs. when I was off meds for about a year. I'm back on medication now but losing the weight is harder than I thought it would be. I know cutting daily calories will be a struggle for me and I'm really looking for some support from others going through the same thing.

Replies

• BlueAppy
    Options
    Hi all, today is day one for me on the road to weight loss. My husband snapped some pictures of me riding one of our horses yesterday and I about died when I got a look at myself. :-O I'm a little in panic mode right now but am determined to keep my dieting healthy. I do have a thyroid condition and gained about 20 lbs. when I was off meds for about a year. I'm back on medication now but losing the weight is harder than I thought it would be. I know cutting daily calories will be a struggle for me and I'm really looking for some support from others going through the same thing.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! Day 1 to a whole new you!!

(I'm an App grad myself :bigsmile: )
  • msrn8143
    msrn8143 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! Today is day #1 (AGAIN!:ohwell: ) for me as well. I really let myself go through the holiday season and regained 6 of the pounds I had lost. I also got a good look at myself in some family photos over the holidays. I DID NOT like what I saw. Hang in there. Slow and steady is the best way to go and we're all here fighting the same battle. You are not alone.
  • Destined
    Destined Posts: 116
    Options
    We can all do this together. This time next year we will be singing a different song.