I need HELP!!

Options
I fell off the wagon HARD and need help getting back on. What do you do to help motivate yourself to get back on track with your healthy life change?

Replies

• ACastle1
    ACastle1 Posts: 101
    Options
    I fell off the wagon HARD and need help getting back on. What do you do to help motivate yourself to get back on track with your healthy life change?
  • HeatherD
    HeatherD Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I do what you just did.... Ask for help. Call a friend, post a message....whatever. Reach out. you do not have to do this alone. and the good news is you are not!!:flowerforyou:

Also, shake off the mistakes. There is much more power, emotionally and physically (it's true, studies show!!), in positive attitudes and statements than in negative ones. Try not to focus on what has happened, and look ahead to what you will make happen.

You are strong. You are amazing. You can do this.
  • gk10465
    Options
    I joined the Tony Ferguson Weight Lose plan (Kerr Drugs) and have lost 5 pounds and 1.5 inches in my waist - even over the holidays (and I did cheat....) but went right back to the program on Friday morning. I have only been doing it for 3 weeks. Very exciting!!!!! I think this is going to really work. The shakes are tasty and you can eat all the vegies and salad you want plus one protein meal. Only problem is the cost - each shake is $3.99.

Never realized how much I eat a day until I started this plan.

Also, just 5 pounds makes my clothes fit better and that makes me VERY HAPPY!!!!!

Don't think about this week, think about a year from now - if you keep looking for solutions and trying, you will be thinner Januatry 2010.

And that beautiful new baby will have the Happy Mom she deserves.

Happy New Year.
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    We've all fallen off the wagon, I'm sure more times than we realize. The important thing to do is get back on it! I try to look at it this way: I didn't suddenly put on 55 lbs overnight, therefore I'm not going to lose 55 lbs overnight either. I get frustrated when I work out and don't see results and that's when I usually throw in the towel and figure I'm just meant to look this way. This time, with the help of everyone on here, I know I can do it. I see everyone else on here who has lost weight and it makes me want to stick with it. When I'm at home and I don't want to excercise I think of them lol, I'm thinking of all of you:wink: Don't beat yourself up over it, just get back on the wagon and keep trying. You can do it!
  • hwilliams519
    Options
    Some of the best motivation is:
    Your family, your health, thinking about all the people who have succeded with their weight loss, etc.
    Sometimes you just have to do things, even if you can't find the motivation. You know, I don't always feel motivated to go to work, but I do it because I have too. It's the same when it comes to eating right and exercising. "Just do it."

One thing that I do to help me stay motivated when working out is listen to music. I really like listening to some hard core stuff like Korn because it keeps me going. If the music is slow, I move slower. I also posted a picture of Jillian Michaels on my wall, as well as the 2 female Biggest Losers. That pushes me to go longer when I look over at them.