Shiratake Noodles???

RunConquerCelebrate
RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
edited October 2 in Food and Nutrition
Has anyone here had the Shiratake Noodles??? Are they good???

Replies

• Timeforme714
    Timeforme714 Posts: 189 Member
    I tried them. They are ok, but the texture is different from "real" noodles.
  • happydayzz
    happydayzz Posts: 64 Member
    Hi :D Yes, I've had the ShiraTAKI noodles(minor spelling lol) and let me break it down.
    They have an angel-hair shape, fettuccine shape, spaghetti shape, and their new macaroni shape! I have tried all four, and I have found that the fettuccine and macaroni shapes work the best. They don't have the more 'crunchy' texture that the angel hair and spaghetti shape have, and aren't as chewy. They actually taste like real pasta!!
    You do have to get all the moisture out when you cook them, though, and it's best to use creamy(low-fat and low-cal, of course) sauces. if you want more information, go to hungry-girl.com!! :D if you type in 'shirataki', all sorts of tips come up! I used many of them xD
    good luck!
  • YES I DO..I'm having them tonight lol...honestly I like them maybe it just me...
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    I love them , love the texture much better than regular noodles but i am weird
  • Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    The texture is not the same and it's hard to get rid of the smell. They were ok in a casserole I made though.
  • velvetkat
    velvetkat Posts: 454 Member
    I like the fettuccine and penne shaped ones the best. The smell goes away when you rinse them and put them in the hot water. I love them you just have to get used to the texture. Actually the leftovers sometimes taste better and seem to hold the flavor in better. I use them to make spaghetti with chicken and fat free mozzarella. Makes like chicken parm. Found a recipe for tuna casserole with them that I am gonna try soon.
  • jbudge1
    jbudge1 Posts: 62 Member
    I have tried them on several occasions with different recipes. I finally gave up on them. I think they are horrible. Not worth saving the calories, just eat regular pasta in moderation.
  • bikerb422
    bikerb422 Posts: 64 Member
    Are we talking Shirataki noodles or the miracle noodles. They are different. Shiritaki are tofu based and miracle are plant based.
  • nurseaim
    nurseaim Posts: 146
    I love them, but I'm weird too. I love them with spaghetti sauce. Yesterday, I made them with balsamic vinegar, reduced fat string cheese cubed, and fresh tomatoes from the garden. So, YUMMY!
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Ok I tried them yesterday and did not like the texture so regular noodles it is for me
This discussion has been closed.