Log warm up as part of exercise?

Options
I guess this goes more for workout videos. I usually log the full video as my workout time. But when you actually think about it the actual work out is not that whole time. Soo do you subtract warm up and cool down and only do the actual workout or do you log the full time?

Replies

• kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    For 30DS, I have my HRM going from the minute I start. So I log it - because it works it out for me! And I log the cool down as well, obviously.

However, my gym is within walking distance (takes about 5 minutes to get there) and I don't start my watch until I get on a machine so I don't count warm up/cool down in that regard.
  • sarah61587
    sarah61587 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 3,986 Member
    Options
    If you want to calculate it separately from your workout, use 3 calories a minute as a warmup/cooldown burn rate. It seems reasonable and that is on par with walking at 2.0mph (very slow pace)
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    For 30DS, I have my HRM going from the minute I start. So I log it - because it works it out for me! And I log the cool down as well, obviously.

However, my gym is within walking distance (takes about 5 minutes to get there) and I don't start my watch until I get on a machine so I don't count warm up/cool down in that regard.

Same for me!!