Perfect 10 Buddy Club 12.29.08 - 1.5.09

Options
The holidays are over, ladies (thank heavens!)... how did everyone fare? I gained weight, but I am determined to get it off again and have it take some buddies with it! My visits will be sparse this week as I am off work and my DH and step dtr don't allow a lot of free time! Is everyone ready for the new year?!? What's going to change for you in 2009?

Replies

• saryann79
    saryann79 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    The holidays are over, ladies (thank heavens!)... how did everyone fare? I gained weight, but I am determined to get it off again and have it take some buddies with it! My visits will be sparse this week as I am off work and my DH and step dtr don't allow a lot of free time! Is everyone ready for the new year?!? What's going to change for you in 2009?
  • STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Oh I gained too but I had alot of fun and it was all worth it.
    Now that I am back time to get in gear again.....
  • Minerva
    Minerva Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have TOTALLY lost track of what I was supposed to be doing and have neglected posting and paying attention to what I eat so I am UP! :frown: WAY UP! :sad: I could use a buddy! :smile:
  • gynuwyne
    gynuwyne Posts: 132
    Options
    I'm glad the holidays are over too. It's more work than rest. I did enjoy my visit with my family though. It's always nice to see them. I have family coming up to see me tomorrow and staying a few nights.

The last couple weeks I too was off track and gained 2lbs back. Don't know if I gained anymore than that since the last time I checked b/c I dont want to discourage myself. I'm getting back on track as of today and working my butt off and that's all that matters.

Today is a new day. Let's make it a good one!

Best to all
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    back on track as of today:happy: i even got in a thirty minute cardio:drinker:

Im also glad the holidays are over....now we can focus on our diets...or shall i say "healthier ways of eating":happy: :wink:

ok...just dropping by to say hi!
  • saryann79
    Options
    OK, got in a 30 minute walk w/ DH yesterday and 30 minutes of aerobics today. Feeling pretty good - starting off the week well.
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    Today, I'm totally back on track. Yesterday I did okay - stayed within my calories but didn't work out. Today, I can't wait to run!
  • abs0830
    abs0830 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I don't know how I did it, but I lost 1 lb over the holidays. I'm pretty excited about that, but life has been battering me lately...so at least that went in my favor. I ate everything I wanted to, but my stomach must have shrunk because I didn't eat as much as normal, so that's a good thing. Lots of good home cooked food!

Ok, so my health isn't good right now and then driving back to VA from IL I got a ticket in OH. It wasn't really my fault and that just made me really upset. I ended up not being able to eat the rest of the drive (about 8 hours) and was tired and such from the knot that had formed in my stomach. What's worse is that I haven't been able to eat properly since (I'm not eating enough calories and when I do eat it's not the best thing for me). The only good thing is that it'll be over soon. I'm talking to people to see if I can just make it so the points aren't on my license...I've never been pulled over before so this is a real blow to me! :sad:

I hope everyone had a nice holiday and we can all get back on track soon!
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    I don't know how I did it, but I lost 1 lb over the holidays. I'm pretty excited about that, but life has been battering me lately...so at least that went in my favor. I ate everything I wanted to, but my stomach must have shrunk because I didn't eat as much as normal, so that's a good thing. Lots of good home cooked food!

Ok, so my health isn't good right now and then driving back to VA from IL I got a ticket in OH. It wasn't really my fault and that just made me really upset. I ended up not being able to eat the rest of the drive (about 8 hours) and was tired and such from the knot that had formed in my stomach. What's worse is that I haven't been able to eat properly since (I'm not eating enough calories and when I do eat it's not the best thing for me). The only good thing is that it'll be over soon. I'm talking to people to see if I can just make it so the points aren't on my license...I've never been pulled over before so this is a real blow to me! :sad:

I hope everyone had a nice holiday and we can all get back on track soon!

Well, first of all congrats on losing 1 pound!

As for the ticket...boo. I just got my first ticket in about 5 years, and I cried just as I did the other times. It sucks. I'm going to court for it in February, so I'm hoping they'll just have me take a driving class so I don't get too many points. What were you doing? I was going 50 in a 35. At least I was under reckless driving. I am by nature a fast driver. I drive like a guy. A young guy. But I'm a good driver. But that doesn't really matter to the cop who didn't seem to care that I was crying either. I'm sorry. It's not too big a deal though, so smile!
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Helloooooo Ladies! I have missed you all so. :flowerforyou:

I have been a holiday whirlwind and not around very much, but hopefully things will even out this week. Congrats to all of you exercising and even more kudos to those who kept it up during the holidays!

As for me, I am pointedly not stepping on the scale until Jan 5. I ate lots of ham. I don't even want to see all that water weight. :noway: So we shall see if I have lost or not by then! I didn't overeat and I am very proud of myself but I did stop exercising for about 5-6 days.

I was excited after Christmas to get back into my routine. That alone really made me feel great. :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • gis35
    gis35 Posts: 54
    Options
    The weekend was not to good for me, because on top of all the fattening stuff we normally have at Christmas, my oldest daughter's b'day is actually Christmas day, so i stuffed myself with birthday cake. The good news is that i upped my activity level to 2hrs on mon and tues. i hope to continue this for the rest of the season and beyond, so keep your fingers crossed for me:wink:
  • gis35
    gis35 Posts: 54
    Options
    Here's wishing all my buddies and all fitness pals a very happy new year, let's all strive to acheive all our goals in 2009 :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • punka274
    Options
    Here's wishing all my buddies and all fitness pals a very happy new year, let's all strive to acheive all our goals in 2009 :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

:drinker: :drinker: Here's to a new year!:drinker: :drinker:

Lets kick but in 2009:happy:

its wednesday and ive been back on track since monday....:noway: so proud of myself! Sundays will be my WI days. And if I feel like having a cheat day or meal,I will on sunday!

ok,have a happy and safe new year ladies!
  • saryann79
    Options
    Happy New Year's ladies! I am trying really hard to be back on track today. I did not get exercise in because I slept in and now the day is getting away from me, but I am going to try later on this evening to do some Wii Fit.

I don't think we have a challenge going this week yet - any suggestions?
  • punka274
    Options
    Happy New Year's ladies! I am trying really hard to be back on track today. I did not get exercise in because I slept in and now the day is getting away from me, but I am going to try later on this evening to do some Wii Fit.

I don't think we have a challenge going this week yet - any suggestions?

how about a 'stay on track challenge'? Or we can always do a water challenge!

Im taking it one day at a time to just stay on track! I started back monday and im still going:noway: :noway: ive also gotten in three workouts so far this week.

I hope everybody had a great new years eve! :flowerforyou:
  • abs0830
    abs0830 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! Well, I'm back on track after being off track for awhile. I did one of my videos last night and it kicked my butt, but I feel good about it today.

I haven't been drinking enough water since I was away. So, my goal is to start drinking 8 glasses a day again and not snacking on junk food. I brought an orange with me today!
  • saryann79
    Options
    Staying on track this week. Better late than never, right ladies? What does staying on track mean to you? Do that for the remainder of this week and we will continue this challenge into next week too.

For me, staying on track means staying within my calories, working out each day Monday through Friday, and drinking at least 12 glasses of water. And, not to have a cigarette (I'm on day two of this resolution). So far today, if I follow my plan for eating, I will be on target there with a little to spare for some popcorn this evening to snack on, and I have worked out for 20 minutes plus strength this morning, and no smoking, my patch is in place. Wish me luck!
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Staying on track this week. Better late than never, right ladies? What does staying on track mean to you? Do that for the remainder of this week and we will continue this challenge into next week too.

For me, staying on track means staying within my calories, working out each day Monday through Friday, and drinking at least 12 glasses of water. And, not to have a cigarette (I'm on day two of this resolution). So far today, if I follow my plan for eating, I will be on target there with a little to spare for some popcorn this evening to snack on, and I have worked out for 20 minutes plus strength this morning, and no smoking, my patch is in place. Wish me luck!

Hi all! Well, I had a gain of 5 lbs over the holidays, but I am really hoping some of it is because TOM is due:blushing: On the positive side, I have been back on track since Tues so Im not to worried.
    Staying on track for me means staying within my calories for the day, making healthy food choices, getting my workout in 6 days a week, and drinking at least 12 glasses of water.
    Way to go saryann for kicking the smoking habit so far :flowerforyou: I wanted to do that this year too, but Im just gonna have to wait til Im stronger to do it:blushing:
    Congrats to those of you that managed a loss over the holidays!!:drinker: That IS quite an accomplishment! Have a great day everyone, and stay on track!!:flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker:
    ~Roni
  • MADI150
    MADI150 Posts: 54
    Options
    I HAVE GAINED 10LBS AS WELL. I AM READY TO TAKE OFF THE 10 I GAINED:explode AND THE OTHER 30 LBS TO REACH MY GOAL:wink: WE CAN DO THIS :drinker:
  • gynuwyne
    gynuwyne Posts: 132
    Options
    good morning everyone! Staying on track means staying within the calorie range ,drinking plenty of water and sticking to my exercise routine.

I have a doc apt. Tuesday with the podiatrist. Ever since I started running, I have had terrible leg and foot pain that doesn't just go away when I'm not running. I can't advance further with my run/walk program until I get this under controle. Its really bugging me. I've pushing threw it, but I don't want to injure myself either. At the moment, I"m running 1.5 minutes walking 3.5 minutes for 1 hour.

I bought two different pairs of running shoes and they each create a differnt problem for me. So I'm hoping the podiatrist will advice me of the correct shoe to purchase as well as prescribe orthodics.

I also try to throw in other types of excerise. 1 or 2 x a week me and my daughter go roller skating at the rink. This Saturday, me and couple co-workers are going hiking. I'm hoping to get back into raquetball. A co-worker mentioned she'd like to try it so hopefully she'll go buy a racquet and we can get to it.

Best of luck to you all!