IBS

Options
Any other IBS sufferers? I've been having flare ups lately and need to make changes to my diet. Too much junk the last two weeks. Plus, I was trying to up my protein and lower my carbs, which I forgot is bad for IBS-C.

What foods help you manage your IBS? Especially if you are IBS-C?

Cici

Replies

• modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Some people have it severely, and you just have to find your triggers. A few common ones are:

coffee
    soda
    alcohol
    dairy
    fake sweeteners

Here is a good link: http://ibs.about.com/od/ibsfood/a/triggerfoods.htm
  • QueenHanifa
    QueenHanifa Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    fiber and raw veggies can also be a trigger
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Doc's can't figure out what it is so just labelled it as "IBS". The foods I can't eat vary. Gluten, cabbage, dark alcohol & beers, oil, grease, salt, cheese have all given me major problems @ some point or another.
  • tuneses
    tuneses Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with IBS 8 years ago. I'm just now figuring out for myself that it's actually an intolerance to gluten. I'm so much happier now that i've cut it out of my diet and my "IBS" issues are gone.
  • Kate6868
    Kate6868 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    IBS, IBD (Crohn's), gluten intolerance...my guts are a medical marvel! I find I do best when I eat mainly beans, greens, and a little fruit. I cannot digest high fat foods and just dump the fat right in the toilet, so I try to stay away from that kinda stuff unless I'm going to be home and don't mind some pain... probably TMI, huh? LOL
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I went to a urologist a few years ago when I first starting gaining weight. I had to pee often, and very little. I was sure I kept getting UTI's. I had mild discomfort, sometimes burning. Yet I was testing negative for all the tests.

The urologist said that I DON'T have IBS, but foods can have the same triggers.

Eating better made the symptoms totally go away. If I drink too much wine too often, the issue comes back. My biggest trigger was alcohol.

Good luck!
  • Duelltolose
    Duelltolose Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've had it for 4 years now :brokenheart: ... I'm not diagnosed with it yet, but I know that's what it is. Doctor's have no clue. So I have to go somewhere new.

But I have it really bad.
    What I stay away from is:
    Egg Yolks
    Foods high in fat
    Fried Foods
    Anything whole wheat
    Red Meat
    Carbonated Drinks
    Dairy

I stay away from those, and I feel so much better and don't worry anymore if I ate something that will make me sick. :frown:
    It's embarrassing...

When I go out to eat, I choose subway. 1)You choose what you want easily, 2)It's very healthy!!