What do you do when stressed?

Options
So today has been one heck of a day and i'm feeling really stressed. The kind that in the past would have led to a binge eat. Long story short i have to deal with someone tomorrow who is mad at me for nothing that i did. She's probably going to chew me up and spit me out because i dont like to argue and i cry when i get mad. <- great way to win an argument, huh? And its stressing me out because i go camping with the same person next weekend. So please help me.

Replies

• megsaroo
    megsaroo Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Crying helps me when I'm stressed. Even if I can't cry on my own, I watch a sad part of a movie (the bar scene in Step Mom does it for me every time), and then I just let the tears flow. It is really cathartic and you'll feel better afterward (then maybe not have as many tears tomorrow?).

Another thing to do is workout! I especially love kickboxing or something that involves punching (even air punches) to get the stress out. Good luck with your situation and just remember to breathe tomorrow! Everything will work out the way it should :)
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    When Im stressed i work out... and not just some pissant jumping jacks.... i get the stuff that i hate... the videos that i hate to do.. and i do them. and i ***** and i yell at the tv screen and tell it F-You! and take my frustration out that way. LMAO
  • kijaniK
    kijaniK Posts: 5
    Options
    When I'm stressed, I go for a walk. I can't walk too far most times because I have CP, but sometimes just getting out and getting some energy out of my system helps to calm me down a little bit so I can focus more.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    cry!!!! let it out! just don't turn to food.
  • vlsmink
    vlsmink Posts: 1
    Options
    Well I always heard that stressed spelled bakwards is DESSERTS! This is the thing that sent me into the obese zone to start with....I don't know what to do but eat when stressed out. I have now been working on overcoming this through prayer. This is the verse I have repeated over and over that has helped me the most.....Hebrews 13:9 It is good for the heart to be strenthened by grace, not by foods, which have not benefited those devoted to them.
  • marzahl68
    marzahl68 Posts: 201
    Options
    I knit! It's incredibly calming. If I'm in a stressful situation and don't have my knitting (crocheting works too btw) stuff with me, I try to remove myself from the situation, mentally. Stress is unhealthy and I don't need any of it.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Run, or at least walk with serious determination.

Think about how you will control your emotions and what you will say. I'm always prepared to dismantle someone's argument logically. But first, I'd consider whether there really was something I did that might warrant someone wanting to cuss me out.

When all else fails....punch-dance out your rage.
  • marcikennan
    Options
    I feel you, I am the same way with confrontation - cower and cry, lol. Then think of everything you should have said after the fact...Listen, if they start giving you grief and you don't know what to say just yell back at them. Even if it's nonsense. It will throw them off their game. Whatever you do, don't eat the stress away. It's only going to give you more stress knowing you just ate the stress away. Vicious cycle. You can do it, go for a walk or take a hot bath. Something that food isn't around to tempt you. You can resist!!!
  • brknllama
    brknllama Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    honestly, when i'm stressed/mad/angery or whatever the feeling i used to binge on anything and everything....now i actually either get out and walk or run somewhere and nowhere, i feel so much better afterwards
  • zeeeb
    zeeeb Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    i exercise when i'm stressed now.

recently my mum was diagnosed with alzhiemers at a young age, and the only way i got through it without my brain exploding was to really work it out hard at the gym and at night when i couldn't sleep, i listened to meditations on my ipod (they send you to sleep).

it really works, as lame as it sounds, get the boxing gloves out and belt some leather to death.
  • Peacebone
    Peacebone Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I listen to punk... I used to eat and drink alcohol, hence I was fatter.
  • ziggy67
    ziggy67 Posts: 351
    Options
    I shut my eyes and count to ten......taking ten really DEEP breaths.......its works for me anyway.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Run. Hard. Fast. Long. With very, very loud music blasting in my ears.
  • Vegan_Chick
    Vegan_Chick Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I read about something I want to learn, usually about nutrition/exercise and it takes my mind off of stress.