sports bras for large bust! please help

Options
2»

Replies

• fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I use Bravissimo and I'm a G-cup and they're awesome for sports bras. I don't know if they ship to America but a lot of the brands are on www.figleaves.com too I believe, so the quality & size is just as good.

I live in the US, and both sites ship here. Figleaves is very reasonable. I got the Shock Absorber, and while it is ugly as sin, it does the job. Just make sure when you try it on not to remove the tags until you are sure it fits and you are going to keep it. Figleaves does not accept returns if the tags are taken off and the band sizes run small on the Shock Absorbers. I had to get some extender things on Ebay to make mine fit.

There is no way in hell I could wear a traditional sports bra. I have to get something that's engineered for my G cup boobs. Spandex does not cut it.
  • poopoomonkey1978
    poopoomonkey1978 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    if you find a site that specializes in them for Canada please let me know. I am currently a 36-38 G cup. I bought an extra large addidas one and it fits my back perfect but I can't get my chest into it. The bras I do have that fit were ordered in from paris and 100 a bra I would love to find a good sports bra that doesn't cost that much.
  • Akinkopf
    Akinkopf Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Under armour makes larger sized ones and they are great.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    Poopoomonkey, do you have Nordstroms in Canada?
  • juggalotus
    juggalotus Posts: 227
    Options
    Poopoomonkey, do you have Nordstroms in Canada?

canada? what? I'm from ohio lol
  • Choirgirl37
    Options
    ENELL--hands down best bra ever--I'm a 32F right now. I bought mine online with the aid of a measuring tape, but I think running stores and REI have them.
    Freya is a good brand as well. AWESOME fitting dept. at Nordstrom lingerie hooked me up with the Freya--NOT the active wear dept--those "active wear" bras do NOTHING (last time I wore a "typical" sports bra someone in a passing car yelled, "get a bra!" at me :P"). Nordie's has all there good quality supportive sports bras in the lingerie dept. The have the most consistent selection and best fitters I've run into. If they don't have it in your size they'll order it and call you when it comes in. Not what you wanted after you try it on? Have no fear, they add it to their on site stock and don't charge you for it!
    In general, other good brands for us larger busts, Elomi, Chantelle and my Panache "Super bra" is the best STRAPLESS I've ever owned. :)

This is very true; "active wear" bras do absolutely nothing. Also, I just paid 50.00 for a Saucony high impact sports bra. It's better than "active wear" but I still get some bounce. For 50.00, I don't want ANY bounce. I have heard good things about Enell -they are not cheap either. I'm going to try one, if it works out, I will get two more. Thanks for the review of Freya, Elmi, Chantelland Panache. I've never heard of those, but I will look into it. I run . Bouncing + Running = Bad Public Relations.
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I paid around $60 US for the Enell. You can buy them off their website or once you figure out your size, you can eBay them. Sometimes Amazon or REI will run deals in their online stores. Downside, the straps are not adjustable, so you have to have a normalish sized torso--or at least non-slumpy shoulders; and the "neckline" of the bra is sort of high, so you wind up showing it off if you're wearing a tanktop. I bought mine in cute colors and decided I don't care if other people can see the stupid thing. Beats running with 2 on anyday.

Also, if you have unusually large breast tissue to band size ratio, or the "straps to large" issue listed above, they will hook you up with a seamstress, who will make a custom template for the bra with a 1x setup fee of $15.00 (includes 1 alteration). So really Enell is pretty awesome! I usually have "straps not short enough" issues, so when I order again I'm going to try the custom route, but even being not quite the perfect fit (because the shoulders were very slightly off) when I first got them, still one of the best bras I've had.

The Freya isn't quite as wonderful as the Enell, but it still reduces bounce enough that it doesn't hurt to run, so more of a moderate to high-moderate impact bra. But it does have adjustable shoulder straps.

I'm not sure if Elomi, Chantelle and Panache have a sports bra--they are more everyday bras, but they do have some supportive/awesome sexy bras for ladies with large busts. And for that, I love them.
  • Lanfear
    Lanfear Posts: 524
    Options
    I bought an Freya Active bra in March and it was brilliant - noticed a real difference when doing the 30 day shred and when I initially started running. Unfortunately as I've now lost weight the back size no longer fits, so I've noticed some bounce when runing. However I'll still use it for cycling and horse riding (we were body protects so I could go without a bra at all LOL), but I have just bought a Shock Absorber Run for, well, running.

I tried the SA on in a local shop (chain store) and then bought it from eBay for half the price. It arrived today. My only issue is that I'm not used to "racer" style backs but am hoping it won't take long for it to be comfortable.

www.lessbounce.com is worth checking out, they do whole range of bras from Enelle to Panache and in all sorts of sizes.