My test results!

Options
lazatin
lazatin Posts: 452 Member
So here are the results from my latest physical….I was down 29 pounds, now 30.4.…..a little sad about the HDL as I thought with all the walking it would be better.…I WIL fix it!

One year ago-8-30-10 NOW-8-29-11 Recommended
Blood pressure 150/90 128/72

Pulse 93 76

Total Cholesterol 151 124 (110-199)

Triglycerides 124 94 (less than 150)

HDL-good cholesterol 31 27 (higher than 40) L

LDL-bad cholesterol 95 78 (60-130)

Glucose 85 93 (65-100)

I should probably add that I joined MFP in June so it's been less than three months.

Replies

• cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    FANTASTICCCC!
  • Michelle9939
    Options
    Good job!!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I too found that when my bad cholesterol dropped, so did my good cholesterol. Bummer. Still working on that... Overall, your results look great! Keep it up! :flowerforyou:
  • NancyAnne1960
    NancyAnne1960 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Most Excellent Results!!! You are doing awesome!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!

Just a word about HDL... the goal for women is over 50. And, some of us have naturally resistant HDLs. About the only way we can increase our HDLs is through exercise (outside of genetics). Some medications will assist in increasing HDL, but primarily, it's diet. Having a glass of wine or so a night may increase it, but most providers will not tell you to start drinking (and I agree with this decision). There are some of us (I'm one of them) who cannot increase our HDLs much above 30 (latest 32) no matter how much exercise we do. If you prove to be one of these people, optimizing the remainder of your lipid profile is your best option.

You should be very proud of the positive changes you've made and the positive effects those changes have had on your health!
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Good job Lazatin
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Thats great!!
  • grumpers
    grumpers Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am impressed! good job and keep going! I hope I have these results!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!