Newbie attacking weight gain again.

dwelsh
dwelsh Posts: 7
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Any suggestions for controlling my hunger during the initial month. That is my worst time when dieting.

Replies

• Any suggestions for controlling my hunger during the initial month. That is my worst time when dieting.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Welcome!

Allow yourself some high-protein snacks throughout the day. I try to eat small mini-meals/snacks about 6 times a day. That way my body is always in burn mode and I don't feel so hungry. :smile:

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Hello & Welcome! You've come to the right place! MFP is wonderful & has some of the most wonderful people around!!

I suggest water!! Drink, drink, drink!! I drink alot of Crystal Lite! Well, really it's the Walmart brand but it's good & like 1/2 the price!! I love it! Goes down like water!! Pun totally intended there!! LOL! :wink:

And I keep almonds handy (I bag them up ahead of time into portion sized bags, otherwise I can't control myself).

Eating lots of high fiber foods should help! I have oatmeal most mornings & I find it hard to finish a serving because it's just so dang filling!

Also, if you're not already, use the food log here at MFP. You'll find that you can actually fit alot of food into those calories if you just plan it right! And when you excercise & log it in, you "earn" more calories!!

:wink: Just a few suggestions... :wink:

I wish you the best!! :drinker:
This discussion has been closed.