needs some encouragement!

burtonrider20
burtonrider20 Posts: 2
edited October 2 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, I'm new to the website but have had the mobile app on my droid for a while and love it.
1 1/2 years ago I lost 80 pounds but 8 months ago started the process of my divorce and because of stress and just not caring for myself I gained 20 pounds back. :( Which has caused me even more stress and added depression.
I have barely done 1 workout in the last month and my eating just needs help.
Any encouragement would be appreciated!

Replies

• Do it for yourself and for your daughter (im taking a guess at the pic)!!! Life is too short to be unhappy so you've just got to make the most of what you got! Ive just started exercizing and watching what I eat about a week ago and have been doing great.. Im just worried about going back to work next week because the lunch room is always crammed with donuts, etc lol.
  • bridgettegarzonie
    bridgettegarzonie Posts: 54 Member
    You can do it!

Weight loss is often affected by stress levels and thats where my weight gain has come from from being a full time student working part time and planning my DIY wedding that's in November.

Just remember that no one is perfect. Even if you have a perfect day, you can't be perfect 100% of the time. Just hold your head up and keep going. You just have to believe in yourself and know that you can do it! I know you can do it! Weight loss is often a road that you have to take a few steps back on, but just because you do doesn't mean that you can't move forward again.

If you fall down, pull yourself back up and try again!

Good luck! You have a great support system on here and I'm always willing to offer help and encouragement.
  • mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Sorry to hear about the divorce. I was 28 with 2 toddlers when I got mine. It can be quite a roller coaster ride so you need to hang on! How great is that - you lost 80 pounds! Once we learn how to do something we can always recreate it. The challenge will be finding the 'new normal.' I believe in you - you can do this! You can add me as a friend if you like.
  • Goofy076
    Goofy076 Posts: 287 Member
    You can do this.. I learned through all the bumps in life that there's nothing we cant do when we put our mind to it.. If you ever need any encouragement please feel free to add me :)
  • DeHaase
    DeHaase Posts: 18 Member
    Sometimes it seems that "life" throws things are way just to see how down we can get, but we all have the strength to pick our selves up and move on, even though it seems to be impossible. I have struggled on and off most of my life with the depression, so I feel for you. I have faith that you can do it! I believe that you will do it! Feel free to add me and I will try to help keep you motivated. Glad you are here and wish the best for you.
  • Lolyballs
    Lolyballs Posts: 180 Member
    Sometimes you have to force yourself to get up and do it, but once you have gotten out there you will feel so much better... mentally and physically! Maybe if you know someone who goes to the gym, you can ask to tag along. I am mildly agoraphobic, but once I make a commitment I have to go. When I have an appointment, or plans with someone I will not let the other person down. Think about what you want to achieve and how you will reward yourself when you accomplish your goal. My first goal is concert tickets to see my favorite artist in concert. Make it something you really want and then set your mind and go after it! You can do this!
This discussion has been closed.