not loosing with turbo fire?

was wondering why those who do insanity or turbofire, or have, didnt loose much?! why is that? i love cardio conditioning and the inches lost, but why not the pounds just rollin off as well?!?! ugh, so frustrating!

Replies

• bridgettegarzonie
    bridgettegarzonie Posts: 54 Member
    I know with insanity, a lot of the work outs build muscle. So you're loosing the fat but also gaining and building muscle so the pounds won't reflect the fat you've lost. It's a great way to get healthy and stay healthy though.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    lose*
  • ajprivet
    ajprivet Posts: 9 Member
    Hi! I am doing turbo fire too. I am currently on week 3 and haven't lost anything. I was not journaling my food though so i am glad i found this site. I dont know how long you have been at it but dont quit!
  • belleflop
    belleflop Posts: 154 Member
    That's not always the case, a lot of people doing these programs lose weight. I know I lost 40lbs doing turbofire. I ate healthy, documented net calories to make sure I was eating enough and intensified the workouts with weight gloves and more movement the more I got into them.

Not losing weight doing an exercise program isn't that uncommon though, a lot of factors play into how we lose weight. As some have already pointed out that during these exercises people gain muscle mass and that could be offsetting your weight lose. I'd take measurements every month or so to see if there's any changes, I'm guessing there probably is. Another reason could be your not eating enough net calories and starving your body, or you could be eating too many garbage foods. Reevaluate everything in your diet, make sure your in your intensity zones (with an HRM) during workouts and enjoy being healthy!