Turbo Jammers 12/29-1/4

Options
Welcome Jam Junkies!

I did CP today with my new HRM...I think it's broken, it beeped the whole time...oh wait that's cuz I was OVER my zone the WHOLE time. I don't know what I'm gonna do. I had to take it the intensity WAY down in order to get my HR down. I didn't even feel like I did anything :grumble: Guess I need to do some research...

Replies

• Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jam Junkies!

I did CP today with my new HRM...I think it's broken, it beeped the whole time...oh wait that's cuz I was OVER my zone the WHOLE time. I don't know what I'm gonna do. I had to take it the intensity WAY down in order to get my HR down. I didn't even feel like I did anything :grumble: Guess I need to do some research...
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    That's not any fun. I don't know the first thing about HRM, but all I've ever heard people say is, "make sure you have the right settings in." :ohwell: Good luck!

Off to do FB & hopefully TS. BUCKLE DOWN!
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    Did CP2 today .... with my hubby...well he did it until he had to go save the baby :smile: burned 600 cals yippee I think most of those were from laughing at hubby trying to get the moves down :laugh:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    Did CP and Ab Jam today...again with hubby. I think he now understands why I didn't want him watching me at first...cuz I felt so uncoordinated. Now I don't mind so much I guess. It felt good to get it done, I ate really crappy yesterday but I burned 700 calories today so WAHOO!!!
  • deedun
    deedun Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I would love to get the whole turbo jam package but I live in Ireland and the company dont deliver here and I am getting ripped off on ebay :ohwell:

Any ideas on where else I could get it?! It looks exactly what I need!!
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    deedun I sent you an email :smile:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Hey, Lyn! Good to see you back! I got my husband doing it last night. He gets so dang frustrated with himself when he can't figure out the moves, but he doesn't realize it takes PRACTICE! Ding dong. Hopefully he'll stick with it! I'm glad your husband is TJing with you, too!

I got in FB & Learn & Burn in yesterday. Oh! And the first half of FB another time before DD woke up from her nap screaming bloody murder. My goal today is PK&J & TS...and probably Burn when hubby gets home again. WOO!
  • deedun
    Options
    If I was to buy a couple of the TJ dvd's which one would be the best??
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Well, I got in all of FB & 30 min. of TS. 60 min. total so I'm happy with that for now. Doug'll be home soon & then I'll be doing Burn, pausing Burn, showing Doug's the move to Burn in slow motion, teaching Doug how to do the moves, starting back up Burn...you get the idea. LOL

deedun - I would recommend starting with the entire max results package. It comes with the weighted handgloves, Learn & Burn, 20 min., Cardio Party, Turbo Sculpt, and Ab Sculpt. Mine also came with Punch Kick & Jam (which I LOVE), but I think other packages come with other additional ones. If anything, it is a good place to start & then you can add on from there! HTH! :flowerforyou:
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Okay. So I just taught my husband how to do the 20 min. workout...it took nearly an hour. LOL I'm sweating my butt of, though b/c I had to do each move about 18,000 times. WOO! Hope it burned off the biscuits from Bob Evans. LOL
  • leeneemaui
    leeneemaui Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just got my DVD's for ChaLean Extreme and am starting on Monday January 5, 2008. Anyone else interested in joining me?
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I know that Jessmomof3 is doing ChaLean Extreme & psyknife is also doing it right now. Give me a sec & I'll find the link where we've discussed it. I'm not quite ready for it yet. Maybe in about 6 months I think I'll buy it, but not quite yet. I'm still mastering Turbo Sculpt. Thank you for the offer, though!
  • alishacandoit
    Options
    Absolutely. i will totally join you. I have the DVD's and need to start up again! here's to happy endorphines.
  • deedun
    Options
    Well, I got in all of FB & 30 min. of TS. 60 min. total so I'm happy with that for now. Doug'll be home soon & then I'll be doing Burn, pausing Burn, showing Doug's the move to Burn in slow motion, teaching Doug how to do the moves, starting back up Burn...you get the idea. LOL

deedun - I would recommend starting with the entire max results package. It comes with the weighted handgloves, Learn & Burn, 20 min., Cardio Party, Turbo Sculpt, and Ab Sculpt. Mine also came with Punch Kick & Jam (which I LOVE), but I think other packages come with other additional ones. If anything, it is a good place to start & then you can add on from there! HTH! :flowerforyou:

Thanks for that 3babybeans

Are they moves hard to master do you think?
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    Deedun - I don't think the moves are hard to master, but they do take practice. Balance is a huge part, but you'll find that the more you do the workouts, the easier it will become. I'm teaching my husband how to TJ right now. He's only had 2 days of it, but I'm already seeing an improvement in his form & balance. Just remember that if you are having a hard time with a certain part, don't feel bad about hitting pause, practicing it on your own for a few minutes at your own pace. I remember being frustrated with it at the beginning b/c I couldn't keep up but once I remembered that I was NEW to the routine & the people on the dvd basically do it for a living, I didn't feel so bad any more.

You can do it! If you have any questions about anything, just pop on into our thread & I'm sure there'll be someone that'll help you out. Or, just make a general new post out on the boards. There are some beachbody coaches out there that might be able to help you more! Good luck to you!
  • deedun
    Options
    Deedun - I don't think the moves are hard to master, but they do take practice. Balance is a huge part, but you'll find that the more you do the workouts, the easier it will become. I'm teaching my husband how to TJ right now. He's only had 2 days of it, but I'm already seeing an improvement in his form & balance. Just remember that if you are having a hard time with a certain part, don't feel bad about hitting pause, practicing it on your own for a few minutes at your own pace. I remember being frustrated with it at the beginning b/c I couldn't keep up but once I remembered that I was NEW to the routine & the people on the dvd basically do it for a living, I didn't feel so bad any more.

You can do it! If you have any questions about anything, just pop on into our thread & I'm sure there'll be someone that'll help you out. Or, just make a general new post out on the boards. There are some beachbody coaches out there that might be able to help you more! Good luck to you!

Thanks again 3babybeans..

I'm dying to get my hands on the dvd's!! I currently have an ebay bid on a complete set inclduing the gloves and bands.. its a good price but fingers crossed i get it! In the past the sellers have really let me down and since I live in Ireland there is no other way of getting them :ohwell:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    deedun-I have the basic package, Learn & Burn, 20 minute, turbo sculpt, ab jam, Cardio Party (all 5 of these came in one case, 2 discs), Cardio Party 2 and Lower body (I bought mine about 3 yrs ago). I'm looking to buy Punch Kick & Jam, and maybe 3T, Fat Blaster and maybe a Live workout too. I think if you can get your hands on the Learn & Burn and the 20 minute that is a good start. Like I said in my email, contact Jessmomof3 or psyknife and see if they can ship to you.

Off to do my workout.
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    I did CP2 today and burned 500 calories. I love my HRM. I'm learning to lower the impact so I stay within my target hr zone. At first I felt like I was doing nothing, but if I really concentrate on form then I feel like I'm getting a good workout.
  • 3babybeans
    Options
    I'm trying to find a HRM on eBay right now since I've been talking to you & Lori about yours. I want a new toy! LOL

I just got done doing the 20min. workout, FB & ALL of TS! Holy junk, I feel like Jello!