:(((( grade 2 hamstring sprain :((((

Options
I'm totally knocked off the wagon today.. probably for a while to come too... yesterday i partially tore my hamstring doing heavy lawn work and didnt feel pain until later laqst night.. :( went to the dr and he said it was a grade 2/3 sprain.. im so sad....

what can i do in the mean time besides keeping up with diet to keep losing and stuff?? I'm totally bummed right now...

:(<3 chelle

Replies

• BProudOfU
    BProudOfU Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Oh no! I feel for you. I went to the doc Sunday and found out I had fractured my ankel! I'm so upset about it because I can't work out. I had lost 12 lbs and now I am afraid I am going to gain it all back and then some.

A friend of mine told me that while I can't workout, I can still watch my calories. I plan to do that and try to do some upper body workouts. You can do that too. I plan to do punches, wall pushes and weights to try to combat some of the "sitting around and doing nothing".

I wish you the best of luck. I am sending you a friend request, we can keep each other motivated while we recover! :)
  • farfalledibaciodinotte
    Options
    thanks soo much!! i feel so bummed because i didnt even think to stretch before yard work haha i usually go to the gym everyday so now i cant becuse hubby wont let me.. (hes making me stay on the couch until swelling goes down) I use the gym as an emotional stabalizer of sorts so now i just hope i dont turn into emmotional myrttle over here haha.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    oh I am so sorry. I tore mine at the insertion point into the glute in June 2010, and I am not yet fully recovered :(

EDIT: sorry I didn't even answer your question. I have continued to exercise ever since the tear (incurred during a martial arts class). I did quit martial arts, and my dancing had to be modified, but fortunately, my other activities of spin, cycling and SUP were not affected.

You could probably still swim, water aerobics, spin, ride a bike, and of course any upper body stuff. It will improve over time.

good luck.
  • Heidi64
    Heidi64 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Arm exercises with dumbells? And stretching any part but the injured part? Hamstring pulls suck!! Feel better soon!