How to maintain?

Options
I am not even close to my goal weight yet, but i am starting to stress about maintaining, i heard that is more difficult than loosing. Is that true? Is it more complex than just eating a certain amount of calories/day? Ahhhhh! :(

<3kels

Replies

• CindiBryce
    CindiBryce Posts: 438
    Options
    Lose the weight first, and then think about maintaining.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Focus on weight loss and then focus on maintaining. Don't jump ahead. :)
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I am not even close to my goal weight yet, but i am starting to stress about maintaining, i heard that is more difficult than loosing. Is that true? Is it more complex than just eating a certain amount of calories/day? Ahhhhh! :(

<3kels

No, not true. Consider that all the time while you're losing, you're "training" on how to eat right and building good habits. When you reach your goal weight, and go into maintenance, everything stays the same except you get to eat a bit more. And if you end up creeping on a bit of extra fat over time, you can just go into a calorie deficit again for a few weeks and burn it off, since you will be an expert eater and logger by then.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    For me, its just the same as when you want to lose weight except that you up your calories a bit more but still making sure you don't go over your limit. The good side is that once you're there, you will do everything in your power to stay that way & not ruin all your hardwork. Since your body is already adjusted with eating normal portions (I mean normal serving sizes & not those supersize servings in the restaurants or fast foods), you will get used to it.
  • miadvh
    miadvh Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I can't speak from personal experience, but from what I've been told, if you lose weight with healthy eating and proper exercise, it is much easier to keep the weight off because you have trained your mind and body to be healthy.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i am at maintenance now, and i found it a bit weird to start with, having more to eat, and jumping on the scale and NOT wanting to see a change, but now i am up to a decent amount of calories (i worked up from 1200 when i was losing a pound per week) i think maintenance is great!!!

but like others have said, u dont need to worry about it now, just focus on losing the weight u want to lose. xx