New to MFP, looking for friends in my area for motivation!

Hey there,
My name is Rhianna and I'm looking to lose 20lbs by new years. Hopefully! Lets all cross our fingers..
I live in Victoria BC and would love to find people on here in the same boat. I actually found this site due to a great girl who I'm going to start exercising with. Would love to meet more people though!!

Replies

• city_of_frogs
    city_of_frogs Posts: 101 Member
    Hello

I don't live in the area... I'm from Australia, BUT I did want to wish you luck.
    I have lost 4kg (8.8lbs) in 24 days.
    I have been mostly sticking to my calorie goal of 1200 a day (have gone out to dinner a few times, and had a treat here and there) and have been excersising 3-4 days a week.

So good luck. If I can do it, you can too :)
  • zanielleleigh
    zanielleleigh Posts: 14 Member
    Hey Chick, Welcome! Im in the same boat! Im off to New Zealand for a holiday over Christmas and New years and want to look amazing on the beach!!! I have about 10kgs to loose before then... about 22LBS.... so im with you on this!! My key tip is exercise, and little and often as you can is better than nothing, this site is amazing for visually seeing results... when you exercise you can see the amount of calories you burn, and it makes it more realistic to eat healthy and be good....
    GOOD LUCK, and keep focused!
  • I live just south of Seattle, and would be more than happy to offer my share of encouragement :-)
  • mermaidrhirhi
    mermaidrhirhi Posts: 39 Member
    that's great :) I want to lose 10lbs by halloween....hoping that's possible! Want to look hot in my costume :)
  • I dont live in the area but have been doing it for a while and do wann wish you luck. I have personally just been eating in moderation and excising more often seem to help for me. 8563555.png