Diet Choices

Options
Hello all... with all the different types of diets out there I am confused with what I should follow. Currently I'm trying to follow the Biggest Loser diet... not consistently though. I am not on any type of diet plan. Someone told me that if I want to see fast weight loss, I should do the Atkins. Is there anyone here on Atkins? If so, can you pls share your experience? I am curious about it. I've lost about 60lbs already without following a certain type of diet plan. I still have about 50-60lbs to go (goal weight - 140lbs, currently 198). I'm already thinking of what to do once I plateau). Some people are surprised to know that I have not plateaud yet, after losing 60lbs. Anyway, can you guys share what type of diets to follow, especially for those that have a lot of weight to lose?

Replies

• killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    My personal advice would be to forget the 'diet' approach and think in terms of healthier choices you can deal with making from now on in your life. You can do this slowly or quickly but little by little find tasty and satisfying things to eat that are healthy as well and before you know it, you're on your way. Fad diets and anything designed to make you drop weight fast is usually a temporary fix, because once you lose the weight and go back to old habits, you gain all the weight back. Just my 2 cents. :drinker:
  • suzieb1971
    suzieb1971 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    i would personally forget all these ''special'' diets and just focus on getting plenty of exercise and counting calories. lots of people dont agree with the calorie approach, but its worked wonders for me, and you can learn about better nutrition whilst you go. dont miss out any food groups, or start quaffing down shakes or stuff like that. i would much rather have a nice filling, tasty meal, than a glass of powdered mush!
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i would go for the eat less, exercise more 'diet' otherwise known as a healthy lifestyle!
  • cervenec
    cervenec Posts: 64
    Options
    I haven't really adopted a diet like Atkins or the Zone, but I do read a lot of diet books and use the information that feels right to me to adjust my daily eating habits.
  • michaelachallis
    michaelachallis Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    personally i think diets are a waste of time, just change your lifestyle and eating habits to something you can maintain for the rest of your life, and count calories, that is made easy on here! that's my advice and my opinion. i have tried shake diets and all that crap before and honestly it made me miserable, eat how you want in a healthy and responsible way!