Juice

Options
j_g4ever
j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
I don't know if this has been asked before so if it is and someone has the thread that would be great. I just went to go make some juice. We have a couple different kinds. One that is frozen and the other is in a can that you can just store on the shelf. I just looked at the calorie intake and :noway: I checked several kinds and i couldn't get any lower than about 130 for 8oz. I would like to start drinking more juice but don't want to use so many calories. Anyone have any suggestions.

thank you

Replies

• j_g4ever
    Options
    I don't know if this has been asked before so if it is and someone has the thread that would be great. I just went to go make some juice. We have a couple different kinds. One that is frozen and the other is in a can that you can just store on the shelf. I just looked at the calorie intake and :noway: I checked several kinds and i couldn't get any lower than about 130 for 8oz. I would like to start drinking more juice but don't want to use so many calories. Anyone have any suggestions.

thank you
  • artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    I LOVE apple juice, but it's pure sugar & so high in calories. For the real thing, the cloudy apple juice, it's too bitter for me. Same thing for grape or cranberry juice. So, I usually do half juice and half water. I honestly just avoid it unless I'm really craving it. I prefer to eat my calories rather than drink them. Plus, if you want to drink your fruits, a light yogurt, some ice, frozen berries, and just a tiny tiny bit of that juice in a smoothie is far more yummy!
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Juice tastes so good but it does have a lot of calories & no fiber (unless you get the kind with pulp). I avoid juice and stick with coconut water ("natural "sports drink, 50 cal/8 oz), Whole Foods electrolyte water (no cals), or just plain water.
  • chickadee10
    Options
    I've always drank Kool-Aid or that frozen Great Value stuff. I think I liked the frozen kind better. But I usually just drink water, unless I'm in the mood for something sweet.:smile:
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I love juice, but have pretty much stopped drinking it and replaced it with water (only have it every so often as a treat...if it were up to me I could drink a whole bottle of apple juice in one day!)

Now, when I need some flavor in my water I just add Lipton Iced tea mix. (Zero calories, lots of different flavors!)
  • amartine
    amartine Posts: 125
    Options
    If you're city has Wal*Mart (which most do, but some don't), you can buy the generic Crystal Light To-Go packs in an apple flavor. It's not too bad! Just a thought.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is eat fruit and drink water. An apple has something like 80 calories, plus you get the satifsfaction of eating something, and get fiber. I love juice, but don't even let my kids drink it. They get milk or water, but eat tons of fruit.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    yup, while juice is yummy it does have alot of calories. Like everyone else says you are better off to eat the fruit and drink water.
    Clementines are in season right now and they are so good! easy to peel, mostly seedless and 2 of them are only 80 cal.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    When I have nothing else to drink in my house and there's juice, I will only drink it by watering it down by half and add a LOT of ice. That cuts the cals somewhat, and certain flavors won't be effected by the dilution. However, when it's a flavor that is effected by dilution, I throw in a packet of Splenda.
  • j_g4ever
    Options
    Thank you so much. I was also talking to my friend about this and she said there was something on the today show about juice this morning. Personally i would much rather eat the fruit than drink the juice so the next time i go to the store and have the choice i will buy the fruit. Thanks again. :drinker: