Isolation

Options
Just my own personal food for thought......
When I was a teenager, I was unable to negotiate situations that were too big for me to understand. I went within and hid. I lost hope and was filled with despair. I soothed myself with food that was always there for me. In time, I felt so isolated that I felt completely separate from the human race.
As I take control of my health, it is important for me to use the tools I have which reconnect me with other people. This connection tells me that I am okay. I always have a choice to isolate or connect. To turn to food instead of people. Today I choose to connect.
“A great hope fell, you heard no noise, The ruin was within. Oh, cunning wreck that, told no tale. And let no witness in!”
- Emily ****inson

Replies

• jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I can't believe they edited Emily D's name! HA! That just made me laugh.

On a serious note - that's an amazing revelation to have. You must feel so good recognizing this in yourself and challenging yourself to be kind to you. That's a major accomplishment in itself. Congratulations!
  • BlessedMoon
    BlessedMoon Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on taking that hard step to go beyond what you're comfortable with to explore another option. I too have times where I choose to isolate myself, but there are many people who remind me that grass is greener on the other side...with them. I hope this site helps you in your goal of living a healther life both physically and mentally. <3