Fell off the wagon

Options
So I had lost about 25 pounds and then came Thanksgiving and Christmas and I was tired of getting up at 6 am to work out, and the friend who came and joined me every morning stopped coming, and the treadmill in the exercise room wasn't working right, and I couldn't find the charger cord for my mp3 player, and you get the picture, I have a million and one excuses. So I have been eating eating eating and gained back about 8 pounds over the last two months. I know I can do this it's just so hard to stay motivated. Anyway, here I am again and I know this is what I need to do this right. Just wanted to ask for a little nudge, any ideas that help people stay on track, etc.
Thanks.

Replies

• annekejohnson
    annekejohnson Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    So I had lost about 25 pounds and then came Thanksgiving and Christmas and I was tired of getting up at 6 am to work out, and the friend who came and joined me every morning stopped coming, and the treadmill in the exercise room wasn't working right, and I couldn't find the charger cord for my mp3 player, and you get the picture, I have a million and one excuses. So I have been eating eating eating and gained back about 8 pounds over the last two months. I know I can do this it's just so hard to stay motivated. Anyway, here I am again and I know this is what I need to do this right. Just wanted to ask for a little nudge, any ideas that help people stay on track, etc.
    Thanks.
  • amartine
    amartine Posts: 125
    Options
    I fell off too. But hey, the new year is RIGHT around the corner. Nothing like starting fresh! So that's my goal. New Years Day hits and I'm back at it, full swing. Too bad you didn't live in Michigan...I need a gym partner that's willing to get up at 6am too...unfortunately I haven't been able to find one yet.
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we're on the same wave length (see my "Stupid holidays" post). I gained 5 lbs in 2.5 weeks. I had managed, for months and months, to maintain my weight but now I put it on! Grrr! I'm back on track and I'm not going to let ANYTHING get in my way! You can do it! We just all need the support of one another on here. :flowerforyou:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    No, no, no. There is no wagons during holidays. Its a time to celebrate and enjoy. I ate everything that came with in arms reach of me. That's why there are New Years resolutions.

Now, get back to the morning work outs. And lucky for you (and me) everybody is done baking for awhile.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I too must confess I have been very lax of late, allowing 3 12 hour shifts, and 2 8 hour shifts and sheer exhaustion get between me and the gym. And my NY's resolution isn't going to occur until January 16th, because of my schedule.
    I have not gained any weight back, but I have teetered between 152 and 155 for the last 2 months, and I sure don't feel great despite that.

With a vengeance, girls, with a vengeance!!!
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    For me it's knowing that as soon as I stop exercising and eating right the weight comes on quickly!
    Now you have found this out for yourself and you can stop it at an 8lb gain. Or you can continue to make up excuses and continue to gain more. Then all of your hard work is for nothing.
    So consider this your kick! Tomorrow morning, unless you are seriously sick, get up and get moving!
  • Lolly
    Lolly Posts: 1
    Options
    Boy, do I know that feeling, but we can do this together. I too have fallen off the wagon and seem to missing the that wagon every time it drives by(hahaha) I am hoping to walk 3 miles tonight after dinner SOOO if I can, I know you can also.

Good luck and I hope to hear that you were able to something tonight:wink:
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    i know the feeling. i just had to move my ticker back from 5 lbs lost to 0 since im back at my starting weight :(
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Yup, the wagon rolled right past my sprawled form. With me though, it's lack of exercise more than anything. I've been careful about what goes into my mouth, but I'm scared that the lack of exercise is letting the fat creep back on.

Tonight though, I'm hitting that elliptical like it's the Superbowl and my wife won't get me booze.
  • Jen19
    Jen19 Posts: 19
    Options
    I screwed up bad on the holidays between baking cookies for people and going to friends houses for dinner because my hubby is in Iraq and of course we ate like piggys and now i have put on 4 pounds:noway: of holiday weight. Lets keep up the good work togetehr and we can do it!
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Yep, I went home and the Southern food was too tempting. But ya know what? I enjoyed it and still did better than I would have last year. I might have indulged but I didn't gorge myself. So I have learned something! :drinker:

And now I am getting back into my exercise routine and it'll be all good.

Just get back to it everyone!!