Im new to the weightloss thing

Options
Hey guys i need some advice. im a big guy and cant do a push up and keep my back straight when i do them. My roomate is haveing me do them on my knees so i can build my arms up. I also do crunches everynight, is there other exercises that i could to to help me loose a gut quick?

Replies

• Starleng1
    Starleng1 Posts: 142
    Options
    You really should begin by watching what you eat, drink tons of water, and just start walking.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    eating clean and working out are the only real ways you are going to lose a gut.

In regards to the push-ups, you could start out by trying wall push-ups, or desk push-ups to start.

Best of luck to you in your journey!!!
  • jbeauchamp1
    jbeauchamp1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Man I wish there was...the stomach is the hardest area to lose it in. You must have a proper diet and do some serious cardio along with strength training. You can do all the ab crunches in the world and have nice hard abs but a bunch of flab on top because of a poor diet and not doing cardio. It is going to take time....trust me I know! :smile:

If you can afford it maybe you could get a personal trainer to help you out but you must definately start with your diet. Good luck!
  • kvind
    kvind Posts: 1
    Options
    Keep going don't give up, the small steps get easier, keep at it and do not let anyone put you off your stride.
    good luck
  • smbakke77
    smbakke77 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I would not be so worried about building strength up yet, so much as implementing cardio and working on your food intake. When I started my journey at 289 lbs back in April I had similar issues. I walked alot and ran a bit on my treadmill, did some cardio DVD's and along with reducing my caloric intake to around 1,500 calories a day, I currently weigh around 246. Good luck on your journey, feel free to add me and we can support each other.
  • tmiqueen
    tmiqueen Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Set your feet on a yoga ball and do pelvic lifts. I had to do it for my physical therapy for my back and it was one of the main core strengthening exercises. My gut muscles were INSANE after doing them!
  • PrincessGlitterTush
    Options
    Start skipping if you can, sounds like you don't have access to a gym. Honestly, to shrink the stomach is all about what you eat and doing cardio, doing ab exercises ever night hardly reflects if you don't get rid of the excess fat first. You need to eat right and try interval training..
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Sorry to disappoint, but there is a difference between muscle & fat. You need to concentrate on workouts that reduce fat, not build muscle. Power walking & calories burning exercises are best. Drink lots of water & eat smart. Good luck!