Sports Bras's

Options
Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here goes. I have recently started running and I need a good, supportive sports bra. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance!

Replies

• Flyntiggr
    Flyntiggr Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Ok, this is gonna sound weird, but how big are the girls? This is important to determine the right level of support! :)

I'm a DD and wear the champion seamless bras from Target. Since most of my workout tops also have built in shelf-bras, this has proved to be enough support for me when I run. If you are bigger, I'd suggest trying athleta.com or titlenine.com. Both are great resources for good sports bras! :)
  • shonasteele
    Options
    I recently bought a Ta-Ta Tamer from Lululemon & I really like it. It's the best one I've found.
  • Fochizzy
    Fochizzy Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    My clutch is that since I am a 34DD I need boning, and I really need a back fastener because when I work out sometimes I fear my arms won't let me get the bra off (it's almost happened). I bought an Champion bra from Kohls.
  • jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I recently bought a Ta-Ta Tamer from Lululemon & I really like it. It's the best one I've found.

I agree.
  • sweetdianachka
    sweetdianachka Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    size does make a difference, im DD and i double up. Usually pair an older sports bra with a newer tighter one and maybe a tank with a built in support too. Or if you run out, a regular bra with a sports bra on top works sometimes too! good luck :)
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    Ok, this is gonna sound weird, but how big are the girls? This is important to determine the right level of support! :)

I'm a DD and wear the champion seamless bras from Target. Since most of my workout tops also have built in shelf-bras, this has proved to be enough support for me when I run. If you are bigger, I'd suggest trying athleta.com or titlenine.com. Both are great resources for good sports bras! :)

Same! I love my champion sports bra! It's the best support I've ever had (like I can literally do jumping jacks all day and the girls stay in place...not an easy feat for a bra holding the DDs)!
  • mashanda
    mashanda Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    champion. order direct from their website they have some good sales.
  • ASaxe23
    ASaxe23 Posts: 163
    Options
    I use Shock Absorber Extreme Sports Bra. They come in sizes A-HH. I know that you can change the level of support depending on what you're looking for and they do have a specific runners bra. I use this bra and I'm on the upper level of sizes they carry I can tell you IT WORKS!! Plus no uni boob!!

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=bl_sr_apparel?_encoding=UTF8&node=1036592&field-brandtextbin=Shock Absorber
  • worldhurdler
    worldhurdler Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    My FAVORITE sports bra is by Underarmor - the Endure. I'm substantial but not huge (34D/36C), and this bra supports, maintains shape, and does NOT have "peek through". LOVE it!
  • mashanda
    mashanda Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I agree i am DDD and Champion is the best bra I have ever had!
  • jagoochie
    jagoochie Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    i am a big shock absorber fan
  • BECav0602
    BECav0602 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I love Nike sport bras (http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?sitesrc=uslp#l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-318469/pgid-444673) and Lucy bras (www.lucy.com). I know they can be pricey, I got my Nike bras at an outlet and they were a lot cheaper.
  • Michelle9939
    Options

This is my favorite sports bra. It is so comfortable! I also have a Champion Compression sports bra. It's ok. It has seams and they tend to dig into my skin. I love the seamless bra. I like wearing it when I am at home, not just when I am working out. I wouldn't wear it out because it makes me have a uniboob. lol
  • angijunbug
    angijunbug Posts: 205
    Options
    I am a D cup size & just recently bought 2 Glamorise no bounce bra's from JC Penney. They were 24.75 each if you bought 2 or more. I love them! They have offered me the best support that I ever had with a bra. They are only available online.

Here is the link: http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6.aspx?GrpTyp=STY&ItemID=178c989&DeptID=70659&CatID=71387&SO=0&Ne=3+11+8+586+5+29+1031+18+904+949+833&NOffset=2&shopperType=G&N=4294953584&Nao=0&PSO=0&CmCatId=70659|71387
  • k2glam
    k2glam Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I needed this info as well
  • silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    OMG, I had the same problem finding the right one too. My girls aren’t huge, but they are far from small & it hurt when I ran. I went online & found a bra sizing calculator for sports bra. I found my size to be different that my regular bra. I went into the stores & tried them on. I ran in place & did jumping jacks in them to make sure I didn’t bounce all over the place. I found that Champion works best for me. On a side note, the week before my period, I wear a regular bra & a sports bra over it.
  • LycosNyctereutes
    Options
    I am much smaller breasted than the other ladies who replied (thanks to PCOS) and I get mine from SierraTradingPost.com, they have great sale prices. I also insist on having the kind that open/close in the front, as I am in too poor of shape to reach around and undo them in the back after a good upper body workout, let alone wrestle one off that doesn't open/close. For running, you want one rated as "high impact". Mine is the brand Moving Comfort. It's the most supportive sports bra I've ever had.
  • racergirl1991
    racergirl1991 Posts: 422 Member
    Options

I'm a 34D/36C depends on the bra. I just need one that holds them where they belong....bad enough I have never ran before but its embarrising to have them bouncing all over the darn place! LOL