Wii Fit Hula Hoop

Options
Is the best ab workout I've ever had!! After 6 minutes of that...wow!!

Replies

• artschoolgirl
    artschoolgirl Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Is the best ab workout I've ever had!! After 6 minutes of that...wow!!
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    Yea i also love it. It burns a lot of calories.
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I love this!! I do it for 10 minutes everyday. Do you know how many calories it burns? What category do you put it under?
  • SteffCooley
    Options
    I was wondering if anyone counted their Wii fit exercise calories!! We got a Wii for Christmas, and the Wii Fit, and I LOVE IT! I spent an hour on it this morning, and I think my favorite one is the hula hooping!! Gosh, my body is SO SORE this afternoon! LOL! Must be working!

I think when I get bored (or master!) the Wii fit game, I am interested in getting the My Fitness Coach.
  • amunet07
    amunet07 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I love this!! I do it for 10 minutes everyday. Do you know how many calories it burns? What category do you put it under?

I found hoola hooping under the cardio database and use that. It varies for me... I can burn about 56 calories for 10 minutes.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Yup, love it!!

I log it as cardio because I end up puffing like a loon..

I find it works really well on my legs as well as my abs because of all the stabilization while I am twirling..

My kids love to watch because they are usually the ones tossing me hoops and they cheer when I miss :grumble: :grumble:

I got the Active Life Outdoor Challenge for the Wii for Christmas, but haven't gotten a chance to play. I got salmonella poisoning (merry christmas janiebeth) the day after Christmas, and have just started to feel OK.. Never want to go through that again.

jb
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I :heart: the wii fit hula hoop, other than the yoga, thats my favorite part of the game!
  • mhsrnmz
    mhsrnmz Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I'm glad that you asked about this. Our family just got a Wii and I like the hula hoop games and the yoga/strength parts for toning. I feel my abs and hips in ways I have never felt before, LOL.

I was hoping that I could use Wii Fit for cardio on days when the weather makes it hard or impossible to run outdoors. So far I have not found a decent cardio workout. The running in place and free step are unlocked for 30 min. I barely sweat and it is pretty boring. I like the step class because it is fun but it only lasts for 6 min. Does anyone know if there is a way to increase the class to say 30 minutes?
  • jacqueline0821
    Options
    On the step class, once you continue mastering it, more times will open up on it. I am pretty sure you can get up to 20 or 30 minutes. But not positive. I will have to check tomorrow morning.
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    I'm addicted to the Wii Fit! And I love the Hula Hoop..I haven't tried the 10 minute one yet..the 6 minute one has been tiring enough..I'll work up to it soon!
  • jacqueline0821
    Options
    I finally set a record for 3500+ spins and haven't been able to beat it! I mist have had a ton of energy one day. :smile:
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I havne't been on my wii fit for a couple of weeks now however im going to get on it tomorrow and see what my record is and then maybe we can start to challenge people to beat eachother. :drinker: Im all about beating someone in something. LOL.
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to the Wii Fit! And I love the Hula Hoop..I haven't tried the 10 minute one yet..the 6 minute one has been tiring enough..I'll work up to it soon!

Yeah, the 6 minute one is tough! I'm huffing and puffing at the end!!
  • jacqueline0821
    Options
    I would love a challenge!! I do it every single day.
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the motivation! I've only done it 1 time since we got it for christmas. The rest of the family is sleeping so I'm going to go play right now!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    I played tennis with my DH yesterday for about 1 hour.....and today, my right arm is killing me...LOL. Can't wait to get the Wii fit, the hula hoop sounds like a blast
  • rialynn79
    Options
    Once you "master" the first 2 step aerobic workouts, then you get to free style - which you can select, 10 min - 20 min or 30 min for a workout. I just did the 20 minute, dang I'm tired!! I love the wii fit as well.
  • jacqueline0821
    Options
    Correction on my spins. I have hit 3300 and can't get past it. Wow I wish I could do 3500 though!! haha. How many have you all got up to on the 6 min?
  • deedun
    deedun Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I am trying to log the hula hopping that I've done today but I cannot find it in the exercise database. Is there a certain way to spell it or am I misisng something here :tongue:
  • shemricquick
    Options
    I love the hula hoop, but I'm so out of shape that it kills me!!:cry: