can't get over this bump !!

Options
so,, before xmas i was sick,,, didnt count calories,, i wasnt eating enough to start with...
then there was christmas,, it was a no calories but eat what i want day, i didnt feel like eating too much crap and i actualy did pretty good that day, that day i also received tons of boxes of chocolate, cookies, cake, name it, i have it here in the house, on boxing day, i was suppose to be back on track. but i couldnt i wanted it all,., all the stuff i could have eated on chrismas day and didnt ,, now im eating it times 5,, and now its the 29 and im still at it.. i cant stop !!!!!!!!!!

i dunno why,,, i have been good for months,, and i cant do it now..

on top of it, the gym is shut until the 5th.. and im still a coughing,, so no work out

i really want to,, come back and be good again.. but its over powering the though of that bad food in here,, my boyfriend says that i need a break.. to wait until after the new year and then just back into it...
i hope i will be alright :grumble:

Replies

• may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    so,, before xmas i was sick,,, didnt count calories,, i wasnt eating enough to start with...
    then there was christmas,, it was a no calories but eat what i want day, i didnt feel like eating too much crap and i actualy did pretty good that day, that day i also received tons of boxes of chocolate, cookies, cake, name it, i have it here in the house, on boxing day, i was suppose to be back on track. but i couldnt i wanted it all,., all the stuff i could have eated on chrismas day and didnt ,, now im eating it times 5,, and now its the 29 and im still at it.. i cant stop !!!!!!!!!!

i dunno why,,, i have been good for months,, and i cant do it now..

on top of it, the gym is shut until the 5th.. and im still a coughing,, so no work out

i really want to,, come back and be good again.. but its over powering the though of that bad food in here,, my boyfriend says that i need a break.. to wait until after the new year and then just back into it...
    i hope i will be alright :grumble:
  • gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Take control now and avoid any potential gains. You can do it. Go f or a nice walk outside, then to the grocery for healthy foods!
  • akwhite
    akwhite Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    get rid of the junk in the house! if you know you'll eat it...just get rid of it. don't think of it as wasting food but as preserving yourself! give it to neighbors or work or someone....
  • Alisha28
    Alisha28 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Just throw the junk out I did that this morning forget it no one needs it. I feel bad about throwing away peoples gifts of chocolate but hey nor I or my kids need it, so it goes or I re gift it SHHHHH!

Alisha
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    I'm with the rest of the gang. Get rid of the junk. Bring it to a homeless shelter or soup kitchen (along with a bag of healthy groceries) if it makes you feel better, but truth is, it is not helping you right now..

You will get through this - it is just more challenging with the demon food staring you down..

Stay strong. jb
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    thanks all for your replies :)

i agree with yous,, i know i need to get rid of the stuff, i told my bf that he has until the new year and then its all gone...

his point is that is i cant control myself with the stuff around me, then i am still at the same point, i will fall back into the same wheel again if i dont learn to just say no.

i wont be able to avoid these foods for ever..

what do you think ??
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    thanks all for your replies :)

i agree with yous,, i know i need to get rid of the stuff, i told my bf that he has until the new year and then its all gone...

his point is that is i cant control myself with the stuff around me, then i am still at the same point, i will fall back into the same wheel again if i dont learn to just say no.

i wont be able to avoid these foods for ever..

what do you think ??

that's tricky... i think it's good that you can identify that you are unable to control yourself around certain foods. I know I can't either, which is why i've gained 5 lbs recently.

sometimes it's not just as simple as saying no to those foods, and for some people it is.

i know im not really giving any advice because well, i don't have any. My boyfriend says the same thing as yours and i don't really know what to say back.
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I really believe moderaton is the key. Maybe it's to early for you to be "testing" yourself. But you did do well on Christmas so maybe you just have to just say no. No matter if it's in the house or not. Be strong:flowerforyou:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • MiaEllie
    Options
    When I have a lot of goodies that I don't want to waste or give away, I freeze them in small portions. My freezer is stocked with frozen single slices of pie, flan, single servings of oatmeal raisin cookies, chocolate chip cookies, etc. I'm sure that you can also freeze chocolate and just about anything else.
    It helps to discourage eating the portions because you need to plan ahead of time when you're going to eat them since they take a while to thaw and reheat. You won't be able to just grab several portions whenever you want and scarf them down. As stated earlier moderation is the key! Good luck- you can get through this!!:heart:
  • chickadee10
    Options
    You might also try eatting a lot of small meals each day. I might give that a try tomorrow.