SAHMU PINK TEAM- Week 7 (CLOSED)

Options
WEEK 7 Challenge:

(Karie, please add a week 7 section to the calorie spreadsheet. I'm not familiar with google docs and I'm scared I'll screw it up. lol!)
Nutritional Challenge:

Calcium – meet or exceed your calcium goal every day. Worth 1 point

Strength Challenge:

Build muscle tone in your arms as well as bone strength to help prevent osteoporosis

http://www.besthealthmag.ca/get-healthy/fitness/8-arm-exercises-for-women

Complete full workout (all 8 exercises, 3 x a week, with one day’s rest in between workouts) each workout = 1 point for a maximum of 3 points.

Added bonus, keep this as part of your routine to see some serious definition within 4-6 weeks!!

Cardio Challenge:

Burn Baby Burn! Cardio this week is all about stairs, stairs, stairs! Did you know that jogging up and down stairs for 5 minutes burns approx 130 calories? Add some stairs into your normal routine. 5 minutes x 3 days this week (do it on your rest days from the strength challenge!) each workout = 1 point for a maximum of 3 points.

(If stairs are too high impact substitute another exercise that burns a similar amount that is outside your regular routine. I just like stairs because it's such a fast way to burn a decent chunk of calories)

Calorie Challenge:

Set your goal in the spreadsheet created by Karie don’t just meet it, exceed it! If you’re up for a challenge, increase your goal by 5% from last week. Remember something as simple as running those stairs will significantly boost your calories for the week = 1 available point

Emotional Challenge:

We’ve all been working hard for weeks. We’ve all lost weight. And hopefully, we all feel empowered by our demonstrated self control, we feel connected to our fellow SAHMUers and we feel optimistic about the future. But at the same time, I’m willing to bet we all have moment’s where we feel like giving up. Why? Because this is HARD!!! So this week’s challenge is to write yourself a note. Something short and sweet that you can keep in your wallet, or stick to your mirror, something you can pull out to remind yourself of how far you’ve come. Think of that girl you were before starting your weight loss journey. Think about how much better you feel now and give yourself a freaking compliment! Cuz you deserve it!!! Worth 1 point.

Commitment Challenge:

Log on to MFP every day! Check in on the calorie burn spreadsheet daily once you have completed your workouts. Keep on track of your points and report in daily to show all your fellow teammates how committed you are to your team (not to mention making it easier on your captain to add up the final tally)! Post an encouraging note on the main thread or your team thread everyday! Report daily 7 days a week to earn 1 available point.

Total Available Points: Max 10

Nutrition – 1 point

Strength – 3 points

Cardio – 3 points

Calorie – 1 point

Emotional – 1 point

Commitment – 1 point

Replies

• MichelleLydia
    MichelleLydia Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Ah I'm not gonna lie this week is gonna be hard for me. I don't have stairs, nor do I have anywhere in walking distance (except the University, but it's not really somewhere I can take Lucas while I run stairs) with stairs. So I think I'm gonna have to do something else... any ideas?

I so rarely break out of my workout routine, adding something new in is defintiely gonna throw me for a loop!

Oh well I will do my best... won't be on much Friday (celebrating my birthday). But I'm gonna try and give it my all and lose rather than gain after some celebrations! (so looking forward to a cheat day!)
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    So this week is going to be REALLY hard for me. I just read through those exercises we are supposed to do and just those alone will be a challenge. I don't have dumbbells, but do have a resistance band, so I'll be using that instead.

As for the stairs, I don't have any in my house. So what I did today was on our way back from running errands, I stopped at the subdivision playground so Casyn could play and I set the timer on my phone for 5 minutes. I ran up and down the playground stairs for 5 minutes in the 90 degree heat. I thought my legs were going to give out because they just didn't want to do anymore. Thank goodness no one else was at the playground besides the 2 of us!

Also, I was excited about this, so I wanted to share: This morning my DH got up for work early and had to leave at 6. I normally go back to sleep until 7 (when I have to get Caeleb up for school), but today I decided to get up and workout instead. I did 30 minutes of the Wii EA Active while the boys slept and also took a walk to get Caeleb to school and then around the subdivision before coming home. 2 bad things, though....it SUCKS to work out in complete darknes and silence (I didn't want the boys to wake up) and now I am soooo hungry. All I've wanted to do since working out so early is eat. :(
  • MichelleLydia
    Options
    Ah I just started tracking my calcium... I don't even get 1/4 of what I'm supposed to in a day. This is gonna be hard for me, the only dairy I eat is yogurt... guess I'll be stepping up my celery and broccoli intake :S

I have a feeling I'm not gonna do good at all this week.
  • ♥Amy♥
    Options
    Ah I just started tracking my calcium... I don't even get 1/4 of what I'm supposed to in a day. This is gonna be hard for me, the only dairy I eat is yogurt... guess I'll be stepping up my celery and broccoli intake :S

I have a feeling I'm not gonna do good at all this week.

I've been tracking my calcium for months and I NEVER have gotten what I was supposed to (since I don't drink milk and rarely ever eat yogurt). I went to CVS (drugstore) today and they had Calcium Vitamins on clearance for $1.45 a bottle, so I purchased all 3 bottles they had. Between 1 of those, my 1 multi-vitamin and then a little from my food, today I have surpassed my calcium. Maybe see if you can get some of those???
  • MichelleLydia
    Options
    Oh great idea! I didn't even think of a vitamin, perfect! Thanks Amy!
  • ♥Amy♥
    Options
    Oh great idea! I didn't even think of a vitamin, perfect! Thanks Amy!

Glad I could help :)

How is everyone doing tonight? I wanted to let you all know that my aunt & uncle are going to be here starting tomorrow until Saturday to visit. I'll still be logging in and stuff, but probably won't be as "chatty" and I know I most likely won't exercise on Friday. I'm really excited to see them, as my aunt (my dad's sister) is like a mom to me (since I don't have a relationship with my mom).

Anyways, I hope you all are doing great and I wanted to say that you all are doing so awesome in your workouts! You all definitely inspire me to do more each day. I know I have the lowest calorie burns of all of us, but with seeing how much you all do, it definitely pushes me to do more than I normally would.

Here's my exercise breakdown for today:
    30 minutes of Wii EA Sports Active 2 burned 214 calories
    42 minutes of Walking, 3.5 mph, brisk pace burned 163 calories
    5 minutes of Running (jogging), up stairs burned 77 calories
    30 minutes of Cleaning, light, moderate effort burned 77 calories

And I surpassed my calcium requirement for today.
  • chellaJKR
    Options
    Hey beautiful friends =). I'm on board with hating this weeks challenge lol. The stairs are between the kids bedrooms so I can't clomp up and down them during naps, if I block them off and do them while they're awake they will scream boody murder at me, the dumbell exercises are going to be similarly annoying to try and fit in- theres only so long you can block off babies before they lose their *kitten*. And I don't do calcium, lmao. Wow I sound like a whiner. Ah well, I'll do my best and do what I can to get some points this week! Good luck being more positive than me y'all!
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
  • ♥Amy♥
    Options
    Here's today's info:
    25 minutes of Walking, 3.5 mph, brisk pace burned 96 calories
    45 minutes of Wii Just Dance 2 burned 205 calories
    10 minutes of Calisthenics, home, light/moderate effort burned 36 calories

I did the arm exercises for today and I have already exceeded my calcium for the day.
  • MichelleLydia
    Options
    Well... as I said today wouldn't be too great! Burned 204 calories, and did my arm exercises for the 2nd day. Still trying to figure out a suitable substitute for the stairs exercise, as we just don't have stairs anywhere nearby!
  • Tayla_Grant
    Tayla_Grant Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    HI LADIES!!! I will be out of town on vacation until Tuesday the 5th and will not have access to a computer. I have printed out the week 7 challenge so I can take it with me and I am going to track my calories and exercises manually and enter them all in when I return on Tuesday (that may be a pain in the *kitten*, but I will get it done lol). I hope everyone is doing well this week. I know the stairs challenge might be well, a "challenge", so maybe do "high knees" running in place? or do step ups again? I won't have access to stairs while on vacation either. Our vacation home is one level so I'm going to do step ups again and jump roping because for some weird reason jumping rope burns a ridiculous amount of calories! I am extremely motivated this week... over the past few days I've gained and am not happy, so I'm making a change. My husband and I are taking the kids to the canal tomorrow and it's an 11 mile walk (one way) so if we walk the whole canal it will be 22 miles... that may be a little much, but assuming the kids are doing well then we will most likely complete the whole thing. I have asked Amy to take my place until I return. I will "see" you all Tuesday when I return and will check in on all of you to see where we are at. ((hugs)) to everyone and good luck on the remainder of this weeks challenge!

Michelle- AMAZING weight loss! AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!
    Chella- You Rock and seeing how motivated you are pushes me to do more!
    Amy- What can I say? You are an inspiration (i know i've said it like 50 times by now, but you really are!)
    Jen- keep at it girl! You are a superstar!!!

*\O/* (<---I'm cheering for all of you)

<3 Tayla
  • ♥Amy♥
    Options
    Hi girls.
    I've been super busy with family in here yesterday and today. I'll post more tomorrow. I'm going to spend time with my hubby. Have a great night!
  • ♥Amy♥
    Options
    Hi Pink Team! How is everyone doing?

I feel bad because I haven't checked in daily with everyone, so I'm obviously not going to be getting that point from the challenge this week. I also majorly slacked on exercise on Friday & Saturday due to my aunt & uncle visiting, so looks like I'll have to do some hard work these next few days.

One good thing, though, I have exceeded my calcium daily. Calcium vitamins works wonders, lol.

I went to the park this morning and while my boys played on the playground, I did some exercising. I ran up and down the stairs to the pavilion for 5 minutes, so I got the challenge done, but I still have to do my arm exercises. I'll be doing those shortly.

Here's a recap of my exercises for Friday & Saturday:

Friday:
    36 minutes of walking 3.5 mph burned 138 calories
    18 minutes of walking 3.0 mph burned 60 calories

Saturday:
    45 minutes of walking 3.5 mph burned 174 calories

Sunday (so far):
    5 minutes of running/jogging up stairs burned 76 calories
    15 minutes of walking 4.0 mph burned 76 calories
    10 minutes of basketball, shooting baskets burned 45 calories
    20 minutes of walking 3.5 mph burned 77 calories
  • ♥Amy♥
    Options
    Well, I just completed the arm exercises tonight. Here's some additional exercises from what I posted earlier today. I also am over on my calcium again today.

10 minutes of light calisthenics burned 36 calories
    20 minute walk at 3.5 mph burned 77 calories
  • MichelleLydia
    Options
    Hey guys sorry I've been a bit MIA, I usually access here from my phone but it needs a new battery as it's not holding a charge, and my computer is on it's last leg too (why is it that when 1 thing goes, everything else decides to crap out as well?!) On top of that I rolled my ankle on Friday and even walking is very painful, so I'm slacking on my cardio for sure :( Doing some weights and keeping up with the arm exercises. Ugh this week is just not working out for me too well!

Well my computer is acting up, so I guess I have to get off... I'll try and get back on tomorrow!
  • ♥Amy♥
    Options
    Yesterday was bad for me. We went for a morning walk together as a family and I did my arm exercises, but that's it. This just hasn't been a great week exercise-wise for me at all. Between having family visiting and then my older son and DH home due to Labor Day, our routines were just out of whack and that usually means no exercise for me (my own fault).

I still need to get the stairs exercise done today as well as working out, but I am 558 calories burned short for the spreadsheet as of right now, so I don't really see meeting/exceeding that goal.

Hope everyone is having a good Tuesday and I'll check back in later with everyone :)
  • ♥Amy♥
    Options
    I am proud to say that I exceeded my calorie burnt goal for the week. I can't believe that I did it, but I totally pushed myself this morning and I surpassed it. Yay me! LOL

My total points for the week are 8 out of 10 (didn't get the point for logging in daily or 1 of the points for running the stairs).

Also, I aready weighed myself because tomorrow morning I'm going to be busy, so I went ahead and did it this morning. Here's my info for that:

Here's my weigh in:
    Starting MFP Weight 177 (My heighest weight was 223 when starting in my journey in September, 2010)
    Starting SAHMU Weight 141
    Week 1 Weight 141
    Week 2 Weight 138
    Week 3 Weight 138
    Week 4 Weight 137
    Week 5 Weight 135
    Week 6 Weight 135
    Week 7 Weight 133

Loss of 2 lbs. :)
  • Tayla_Grant
    Tayla_Grant Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    WTG AMY!!! That is amazing! HOLY CRAP... 90 LBS! That's friggen incredible! GO YOU And you should be so PROUD OF YOURSELF!!!!
  • ♥Amy♥
    Options
    WTG AMY!!! That is amazing! HOLY CRAP... 90 LBS! That's friggen incredible! GO YOU And you should be so PROUD OF YOURSELF!!!!

Thanks so much Tayla :)

BTW, do you know if the next week is posted yet? I was just kinda curious what all we're going to be doing.
  • NewLife_11
    NewLife_11 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    SAHMU 60 Day Challenge
    Final Week

Cardio: Enter in you calorie burns each day = 1 point

** I am hoping that everyone by now has a routine and that they are excited about exercise. So this week I would like everyone to set a goal for themselves. What will you commit to? Your post today and everyday will read:
    I will show you what my goals will be

Cardio part 2: ( 1 point)
    Add atleast an extra 100 calorie workout to my routine everyday, something new.
    Burn atleast 500 calories per day.
    Wednesday- Goal completed
    Thursday-
    Friday-
    Saturday-
    Sunday-
    Monday-
    Tuesday-

Strength:( 4 different strength workouts = 4 points)

200 sit-up's
    Wednesday- 50 sit- ups completed

100 lunges
    Wednesday 25 Lunges completed

100 push-ups
    Wednesday 25 push-ups completed

200 squats
    Wednesday- 25 squats Completed

Food: (1 point)
    Stay under Carbs atleast 4 days.

Emotional challenge: (1 point)
    What has this challenge meant to you? How has it helped you? Anyone that stands out on your team?

** I hope this works for everyone, share your goals here and on the main thread. You all have done an amazing job!! To those of you who are wanting to continue our challenge, I am so excited about it!