6 Week Non-Conventional Challenge starts 9/1/11

Options
Ok folks, who's up for a different kind of challenge? This one is open to all!

Starting tomorrow, I will post a challenge to be completed everyday. Each day you
do it, you award yourself 1 pt (for a total of 7 points for the week). The following week
there will be a new challenge and opportunity to award yourself points, but continue
doing the same challenge(s) from the previous week(s) and gain additional points!
The challenges build on each other every week.

In addition, you get 3pts if you have a weight loss of 1.5lbs per week.

Each participant is responsible for tracking their own points. (Be honest as you will only cheat yourself.)

Winner gets bragging rights !

To make things easy to find/edit as we go along, please
Copy and paste the information below on seperate thread titled "6 Week NCC Tracking"

All other challenge comments/questions please post in this thread.

9/01/11 Weigh In:

9/08/11 Week1 Results: points for week 1 challenge ( ), points for weight loss( ) Total points =

9/15/11 Week 2 Results: pts for week 2 ( ), week1 ( ), pts for wl( ) Total points =

9/22/11 Week 3 Results: pts for week 3 ( ), week2( ) week1( ), pts for wl( ) Total Points=

9/29/11 Week 4 Results: pts for week 4 ( ), week3( ) week2( )week1( ), pts for wl( ) Total Points=

10/06/11 Week 5 Results: pts for week 5 ( ), week4( ) week3( )week2( ),week1( ), pts for wl( ) Total Points=

10/13/11 Week 6 Results: pts for week 6 ( ), week5( ) week 4( )week3( )week2( ),week1( ), pts for wl( ) Total Points=

TOTAL POINTS FOR ENTIRE CHALLENGE: ( )

Replies

• NaomiLyn15
    NaomiLyn15 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • meganrnieves
    Options
    sounds fun! i'll try!
  • yarmiah
    yarmiah Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    WEEK 1 CHALLENGE:

We all know that fruits and vegetables are a great source of vitamins and minerals and
    generally low in calories too!

This week, the challenge is to eat AT LEAST 2-3 servings of fruits and veggies a day.

Award yourself 1 point everyday that you do this, for a possible total of 7 points !
  • sarebak
    sarebak Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    me too!
  • echeindl
    echeindl Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • jumcadam
    jumcadam Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    In!
  • yarmiah
    Options
    And we're off!

Had some spinach leaves on my egg sandwhich at breakfast!

(HMm, seems there is a time window in which a post can be edited?! that stinks-

will make tracking not as easy as I had hoped.) Guess copy and pasting the
    information, and then deleting the old info will be the way to go
  • jumcadam
    jumcadam Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I had blueberries, apple and banana with oatmeal at breakfast and my work snacks are a plum & satsuma with some cashews.

Then avocado (my favourite!), tomato, rocket and flageolet beans at lunch.

Later on I'll have gazpacho - lots of tomato, pepper, onion and garlic. Recipe here: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1396636/gazpacho

Yum!
  • BeccaAnderton
    Options
    Managed 4.5 yesterday :) Bring on today; planning a massive salad for my lunch and odds and ends for snacks!
  • yarmiah
    Options
    I went bananas too!

banana, spinach salad for lunch, garden salad for dinner and water melon for snack!
  • yarmiah
    Options
    so far so good, plenty of veggies and some fruit everyday on the challenge so far!
  • yarmiah
    Options
    Totally on track with the veggies and fruits!

You all ready for new challenge tomorrow! ?
  • BeccaAnderton
    Options
    Very excited for the new challenge tomorrow! Manage to do this weeks every day! :)
  • theonlychuck
    theonlychuck Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    okay so i just found the challenge and i just figured out what it was can i still join in?
  • theonlychuck
    Options
    if it is okay?

Monday=0<<bad day
    tuesday = 1 breakfast banana,lunch fresh vegetable medley, dinner steamed veggies and roasted potatoes!!
    wed = breakfast banana
  • theonlychuck
    Options
    oh and a point for thursday the 1st = 1 breakfast banana and dinner steamed broccoli and backed potato
  • yarmiah
    Options
    Howdee! Sorry for the late post, but lost power and internet last night and posting
    this from work this morning!

I hope eveyrone had a successful week 1! If you ate your 2-3 servings of veggies each day, you
    should have awarded yourself 1 pt for each day, for a potnetial 7 pts! Dont forget to give yourself
    an extra 3 pts if you had a weight loss of 1.5lb or more too!

This weeks challenge: caloric intake and portion control!
    We are all here on MFP and one of the most useful tools is the food tracker!
    Watch not only what you eat, but how much of it. Be sure to accurately measure your
    portions or you will only cheat yourself!

Stay within your caloric limit each day this week, and award youself 1pt for each do you do!
    IN ADDITION, continue to eat your fruits and veggies and earn another point. So each day,
    you can earn 2pts!

Good luck!
  • yarmiah
    Options
    As for me, I had a successful week 1!

Ate all my fruits n veggies (usually not hard for me anyway) and had a 2lbs loss.!

Hope everyone did well!
  • yarmiah
    Options
    @theonlychuck
    You are most welcome to join/participate!

Look for the NCC tracking thread to copy and past the template so it's
    easier to track your progress the coming weeks!

Welcome aboard!
  • theonlychuck
    Options
    i am not going to lie im lost (guess im slow) i think this is what you are talking about yet i havent seen anyone else post this!

9/01/11 Weigh In:

9/08/11 Week1 Results: points for week 1 challenge ( 3), points for weight loss(3 ) Total points =6

9/15/11 Week 2 Results: pts for week 2 ( ), week1 ( ), pts for wl( ) Total points =

9/22/11 Week 3 Results: pts for week 3 ( ), week2( ) week1( ), pts for wl( ) Total Points=

9/29/11 Week 4 Results: pts for week 4 ( ), week3( ) week2( )week1( ), pts for wl( ) Total Points=

10/06/11 Week 5 Results: pts for week 5 ( ), week4( ) week3( )week2( ),week1( ), pts for wl( ) Total Points=

10/13/11 Week 6 Results: pts for week 6 ( ), week5( ) week 4( )week3( )week2( ),week1( ), pts for wl( ) Total Points=

TOTAL POINTS FOR ENTIRE CHALLENGE: ( )