bodybugg

Options
Well just when I said I was back, I got a bodybugg for Christmas. I finally got it up and working today so it looks like I'll be logging my foods and exercise on that program instead. I still love MFP but very excited about using my new bodybugg. I still plan on checking in though. Anybody else used the bugg??

Replies

• bleachcse
    bleachcse Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Well just when I said I was back, I got a bodybugg for Christmas. I finally got it up and working today so it looks like I'll be logging my foods and exercise on that program instead. I still love MFP but very excited about using my new bodybugg. I still plan on checking in though. Anybody else used the bugg??
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    No, but they have them on the Biggest Loser and I'm curious how it works.

My guess is that it's a HRM to keep track of your calories burned. Plus you input all the food you eat and it keeps track of your net-deficit and you should be able to predict how many pound you will lose. Is that about right?
  • PhotographerOfNature
    Options
    I've never heard of it! You have peaked my curiosity though. Tell me about it. :smile:
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I used the Bodybugg and lost 60 pounds in a matter of 5 months. It is GREAT. It works very much like a HRM, except it is much more accurate in estimating how much calories you burn. You wear it all day, and it senses your heart rate, body temperature as well as the moisture (sweat) therefore it is much more accurate. I downloaded the Bodybugg every evening before I eat dinner, log in all my food for the day before I eat dinner, and this gives me a great idea of how much calories I can take in before I eat, so I never went over my calorie allotment for the day. It will give you a chart of how much your burn during each hour of every day, so you know which exercise will burn the most calories.

It charts everything for you, including your steps, your calories burn and your heart rate, and you can break it down by hours or minutes or how ever you want to break down your chart.

Since then my Bodybugg have gone haywire. I think I over used it, it has a 1 year warranty and I had it for over 2 years. I wish I could afford to purchase another one as I found it as one of the best tools ever for getting healthy.

What a wonderful Christmas present for you. Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • bleachcse
    bleachcse Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I think neverbeenskinny explained it perfectly. It tracks several different factors to tell you how much you are burning. What I like is that it is more accurate so I know exactly how much I'm burning, and you can see minute by minute what you've burned throughout the day. The only downfall so far is that it does not have the extensive food database that we have here on MFP. I'll have to enter many things as a new food, which takes some extra time. But I'll keep you updated on how it's working.
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Good luck bleachcse. I wish I could afford to purchase another one. Because it really was the only thing that worked really well for me.