I'm new to myfitnesspal

Options
Hi,

I'm new to this site and hoping to make friends and find support. so here's a little bit about me.

I'm 43 years and was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes just over two years ago. I've struggled with my weight since I was a teenager. I've lost the weight on several occasions only to gain it back. Now with my condition, it's more important than ever that I keep my weight under control.

In February, I finally made the commitment to start the 1200 calorie a day diet my endocrinologist has been recommending. I have been amazed at how much food I can actually eat with this plan. I lost 17lbs in 4 months then I had a couple of emotional surprises come my way. I've always been an emotional eater which is something I've been working on. It's taken a couple of months to work through the fall out of the surprises, but I'm very happy to say that I did it without gaining any weight back.

I have been stuck for the past couple of months but now I'm ready to get back to work on losing the weight. Right now my immediate goal is to lost 15 to 20 pounds by the end of the year. My plan has been slow steady weight loss with lifestyle and dietary changes that I can live with for the rest of my life. After years of struggling with my weight, I have finally realized that whatever I do to take the weight off is what I have to be willing to do to keep it off.

Replies

• ical50
    ical50 Posts: 61
    Options
    We all seem to ride the same roller coaster! Glad you have joined us to help you along your way!
  • pegasusvb
    Options
    Hi, I am new to the site too! My sister recommened it. I am glad we're not alone.
  • JCastille
    Options
    Hey Raven....you aren't the only one who is going through the ups and downs. When it seems like when your doing just fine something always take you steps back. Don't give up you can do it. You are in the right place for friends and the support that you need.!!
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    You are totally in the right place. Take it one day at a time. I have been doing this for the past six months now and losing one pound a week is the pace I am at right now...and it feel great.
  • Libbyly
    Libbyly Posts: 175
    Options
    I'm hear about a week and there's certainly something different about it. Having somewhere to check in when you're feeling a little discouraged or having a craving is great. You can't do that with WW or Uni-slim or other places.

We're all in the same boat so if you need a little moral support feel free to add me.

Lots of luck with the journey.