Surprisingly low cal foods

Options
What foods have you discovered that are surprisingly low cal? I've just found out that Tesco Market value gammon steaks are only 135cals each which I think is fab. Had one for lunch and it was yummy!

Replies

• soniak78
    soniak78 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    seafood sticks - great little snacks at 15 calories a piece :0)
  • LaSweetMini
    LaSweetMini Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Lean 4oz pork chops 90 calories!!!!!!!!
    Sting cheese 80 calories
    Angel food cake 120 calories
    Fiber one brownies 90 calories
  • TheDudette
    TheDudette Posts: 174
    Options
    When I lived in England and was having a massive sugar craving I used to eat Pink'n'Whites. You could eat two for something like 100 calories. Yummers, I wish I had one now.
  • KMSForLife
    KMSForLife Posts: 605
    Options
    seafood sticks - great little snacks at 15 calories a piece :0)

What are seafood sticks? I love seafood so I am very interested!
  • mkmullin1
    Options
    Those Fiber One Brownies are surprisingly delicious!
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Colbys Salty & Sweet Cinnamon Sensation - cinnamon & sugar kettle popped popcorn It's only 52 calories for a sandwich baggie full...delicious!

And watermelon is so sweet but only about 45 calories a cup. :D
  • mazzmoo
    mazzmoo Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Tesco light chcices chocolate mouse - 60cals nomm
  • sarahsmom1
    sarahsmom1 Posts: 1,501 Member
    Options
    What foods have you discovered that are surprisingly low cal? I've just found out that Tesco Market value gammon steaks are only 135cals each which I think is fab. Had one for lunch and it was yummy!
    What is gammon steak
  • JenFerguson1
    JenFerguson1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    -hunts sugar free gel snack packs. Its the same thing as jello and they are 5 calories a piece!
    -special k cracker chips sea salt. Delicious! They taste just like chips and they are only 110 calories for 30 of them!
    -Walden farms salad dressings and dips. 0 calories!!!
    -cool whip free. I eat a half cup of it instead of ice cream drizzled with walden farms 0 cal chocolate syrup. a half cup of cool whip free is only 60 calories.
    -ball park smoked turkey franks. they are pretty big and only 45 calories each.
    -country kitchen light wheat bread. The only low calorie bread that actually has pretty big slices. 35 calories a piece!
  • bens_mommy
    bens_mommy Posts: 219
    Options
    Colbys Salty & Sweet Cinnamon Sensation - cinnamon & sugar kettle popped popcorn It's only 52 calories for a sandwich baggie full...delicious!

I second the watermelon! I'm I'm still super hungry at the end of the day but getting close on my calories, I'll eat two cups of watermelon. Another plus? It's so high in water content!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    What is gammon steak

It's like a ham steak
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    at Walmart I get these bags of freeze dried fruit made by brothers....35-45 calories for the entire bag! They have apples, cinnamon apples, pineapple and strawberry-banana
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options

I second the watermelon! I'm I'm still super hungry at the end of the day but getting close on my calories, I'll eat two cups of watermelon. Another plus? It's so high in water content!

Third on watermelon. I've really been taking advantage of the summer fruits, so tastey and so light in calories!
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    When I lived in England and was having a massive sugar craving I used to eat Pink'n'Whites. You could eat two for something like 100 calories. Yummers, I wish I had one now.

What are Pink & Whites? they sound interesting! I wonder if there is anything similar here in the states?
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    at Walmart I get these bags of freeze dried fruit made by brothers....35-45 calories for the entire bag! They have apples, cinnamon apples, pineapple and strawberry-banana

I'll have to look at my Walmart when I go this week. Where are they located at in the store? Are they in the frozen section or the produce section?
  • melanie3103
    melanie3103 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    This is really cool.

I often get a snacky/picky craving and don't know what to reach for.

Here in the UK - I treated myself to a packet of Quavers crisps today (109cals for the 25% extra free).

Or I too like Crabsticks (they are crab meat, or often pollock as it's cheaper than cod - in a "stick" form" - great for snacking!)

Or celery with Tzatsiki dip ( the lowest dip ive found) - I think it's yoghurt, mint and cucumber - greek I believe.

Yum! Love your suggestions too, thanks all.
  • TheDudette
    TheDudette Posts: 174
    Options

What are Pink & Whites? they sound interesting! I wonder if there is anything similar here in the states?
    It's basically a giant pink and white marshmallow sandwiched between two wafers. There are probably better things to eat, but sometimes a girl just needs a damn cookie... or however you want to categorize the thing.

http://www.pinknwhites.com/
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options

I'll have to look at my Walmart when I go this week. Where are they located at in the store? Are they in the frozen section or the produce section?

At my walmart they are in the aisle with the dried fruit/nuts section. They are always on the top shelf too! They run about 78 cents a bag, It satisfies my sweet tooth and the strawberry banana one has the equivalent of 5 berries and 1 banana

Here is their website (copy and paste)

http://www.brothersallnatural.com/
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    You probably dont have a WallyParr store near you but they have sausages that are beef and 120 calories and only 7 grams of fat and pepperoni sticks that are 25 calories a piece.
  • jhuguez
    jhuguez Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I like the Fiber One Brownies too. Another good snack that I enjoy when I am in the mood for munching is the Sensible Solutions straws. They have Apple Straws which are nicely sweet and veggie straws which are potato chip like. You get 38 straws for 130 calories. I usually have 19 for 65 calories.