Jeans....

Options
2»

Replies

• mamax5
    mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I've lost 16lbs and still haven't dropped a pant size...but my jean are a little loose and I think one I hit 20 lbs it will be that elusive jean size drop. It takes a lot of weight for me before I notice anything. It happened the first time I lost weight. 20lbs was a size...but the smaller you get the less weight it takes to drop a size....I think the genral rule is 5-10 lbs a size. 2 years ago I lost 40lbs and 2 jean sizes.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    Also, don't forget the differences in jeans from brand to brand and also changes over the years in manufacturers. I have a few identical pairs because I really liked the brand and had two pair when I was a size 12, then bought more as soon as I could fit the size 10s. These are a really good indicator for me because I new where I was at as soon as I had to put the size 12s on. I am now hoping I am on the road back to the size 10s. But every time I buy a new pair of another brand or at another store it's anybody's guess as to what the size will be.
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    i didn't drop a size until after i had lost 20 lbs. but then i dropped several sizes all at once and about every 10lbs i drop another size.
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    ive lost 6 lbs since starting here 16 in all and i still havent gone down a size but i know y that is with me its cuz ma rear lol and thighs i dont necessarily have a fatty rear n thighs its actually about the only part of me thats mostly muscle. so in short idk if i will ever be able to go down a size. lol
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    It took me nearly thirty pounds. Though, I'm still wearing the same pants for the most part... Yay belts.
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Iv lost 10lbs and lost a size. Its about right as I was a uk 12 at 11st, im now 12st and a uk 14 and at 13st after my baby I was a size 16. Im hoping I follow the same pattern now
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    I seem to drop a jean size about every 10ish pounds
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    30 lbs unfortunately haha!

Ditto!!! Im thinking my starting jeans should have been a size bigger LOL... If it gives you hope, I've gone from a 18/20 to a 10/12 :)
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! This makes me feel a lot better and gives me some added motivation to keep going. I will try to update once I reach 20 and 30 lbs lost. We will see! I just can't wait for the day when people start to notice a difference. That will make me feel really good once the difference is big enough that others can notice.
  • japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I find that twenty pounds equals a size. Exercise can effect that. If you are exercising for weight loss (lots of aerobic expercise), then it could be more. If you're doing a lot of exercise to tone (weights, strength training), it could be less. At one point I found I'd gained some weight but went down a size and had my family complaining that I'd lost too much! Acutally it just moved around. 1 pound of muscle takes up less space than fat. A baseball (muscle) and a softball (fat) weigh about the same but boy do they look different!
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    About 14lb to be honest before I went down a size.
  • ivansmomma
    ivansmomma Posts: 500
    Options
    I haven't lost a whole lot since coming here, but have been exercising a lot more and all of my clothes are loose. I have been 'blessed' with larger hips, thighs and butt, but they are even a bit smaller. Just continue on the journey and it'll happen.