Getting discouraged

Options
I have lost 15 pounds, which is great. But once I went from a 14 to a 10, instead of celebrating this progress all I feel is the anxiety to get even smaller. Granted, that was always the plan, but I don't see why I (or anybody losing weight) shouldn't be able to celebrate the steps on the way.

Anyone have suggestions on how to boost yourself midway?

Replies

• Delyla07
    Delyla07 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Did you set mini rewards for your accomplishments? I think thats a good way to get a boost. Say if you drop another 5 pounds you will get a new outfit or manicure.
  • janc46
    janc46 Posts: 14
    Options
    celebrate, I just started and have lost 8 lbs, I celebrated by a nite out with hubby
  • sincereme
    sincereme Posts: 276
    Options
    You can do what I am doing... When I reach a certain Mini Goal, I will reward myself with something. Here is my set goals and rewards ( it may change a little as time goes by)

#1 - 5lbs Date:
    #2 - 10lbs
    #3 - 15lbs **New Sports Bra**
    #4 - 20lbs
    #5 - 25lbs
    #6 - 30lbs **New Jeans**
    #7 - 35lbs
    #8 - 40lbs
    #9 - 45lbs
    #10 - 50lbs
    #11 - 55lbs ** New Clothes**
    #12 - 60lbs
    #13 - 65lbs
    #14 - 70lbs
    #15 - 75lbs
    #16 - 80lbs
    #17 - 85lbs
    #18 - 90lbs
    #19 - 95lbs
    #20 - 100lbs - ** WhooHoo** New Wardrobe and a Trip to a nice place!!!!
  • Obstinate07
    Options
    I agree, try setting mini goals to help you stay motivated.
  • sunshine9782
    Options
    treat yourself to something, new sneakers for the gym, a massage, a pedicure, a new cd, a new outfit. For every 10 lbs lost :)
    I'm losing the same weight as you, moving from 170 down to 130's and so far i've moved from 12's to 10's in pants, I treated myself to one pair of jeans and a pair of sneaks for the weight loss so far!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,599 Member
    Options
    I have lost 15 pounds, which is great. But once I went from a 14 to a 10, instead of celebrating this progress all I feel is the anxiety to get even smaller. Granted, that was always the plan, but I don't see why I (or anybody losing weight) shouldn't be able to celebrate the steps on the way.

Anyone have suggestions on how to boost yourself midway?
    Because success is hard to maintain. You sacrificed to get there. You think you will have to sacrifice to stay there. You don't want to keep sacrificing your whole life. Not uncommon.
  • Stoptheviolins
    Stoptheviolins Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I think being on MFP is a start! Some people set little goals and reward themselves for it, like "Lose 10 lbs, new hair style" "hit my mid-goal weight by this time, buy a new purse." (I would buy booze myself...) That way you have small more attainable *fun* goals, not just "I have to look good," which can hamper your self esteem. Set your goals high, but get there in baby steps.
  • beazelsmom
    Options
    I have only set one goal for myself lol, when i hit 200lbs, i would go horseback riding, that way when i so heavy i wouldnt turn the horse into bambi on ice lol i never did go riding, but i got really excited when i hit it, and when i was close, i pushed harder to achieve it
  • obwize
    obwize Posts: 102
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Going to set some mini goals with rewards now :)