"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,145 Member
    Options
    Strength: Full-body

Squats 4x15
    Incline Bench Press 4x8
    BB Row 4x10
    Seated BB OHP 3x10
    Cable Crunch 3x10

Food: Tonight will be unstuffed peppers (same as stuffed peppers, except instead of coring out a pepper to fill with stuff, I slice the pepper into bitesize pieces and mix in the stuff
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,540 Member
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy weekend! Full schedule. Have to do the lawn today.

Cardio: Walk/jog- 260 calories

Strength: hamstrings- seated leg curls, lying leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts 4x15

Assessment: Jack in the Box for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    edited March 18
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule today. Daughter takes driver's test today. Wishing her luck. Also completed my PT and Group Fitness recertification over the weekend so I'm good another 2 years.

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, rope face pulls, rear lateral raises, side lateral raises, single arm cable side laterals, shrugs with dumbbells 4x15

Assessment: Pizza for dinner.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Upper Power

Bench Press 5x3,3,2,2,13
    Cable Row 5x4
    Machine Decline Press 5x5,5,4,6,6
    Machine High Row 5x5
    Standing Smith OHP 5x5
    Cable Woodchoppers 3x10 (High, Cross, Low)

Food: Last night was crock pot roast and potatoes (seriously overcooked, seriously disappointing because the aroma/flavor were excellent)
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,287 Member
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    Food: Last night was crock pot roast and potatoes (seriously overcooked, seriously disappointing because the aroma/flavor were excellent)

Keep working on it. Calories are king, but homecooked meals are just plain better than some other quick options. Slowly make it better and better. Soon you'll have to fend off the neighbors for wanting a serving or three.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule and class today. Daughter didn't pass driver test, but I'm more than sure it's because of lack of practice. Since she's been in LA on the bus since January, only a couple of days to practice wasn't enough. She'll retake in May when she finishes her dance program and returns home.

Cardio: Walking/jog- 260 calories

Strength: chest- Hammer incline bench, machine flat bench, dips, cable crossovers 4x15

Assessment: Steak and vegetables for dinner.
  • nossmf
    Options
    mtaratoot wrote: »
    Keep working on it. Calories are king, but homecooked meals are just plain better than some other quick options. Slowly make it better and better. Soon you'll have to fend off the neighbors for wanting a serving or three.

I do homecooked for almost all my meals. I just need to adjust the cook time next time. Pork pot roasts have greater fat content and thus stay juicier for longer than trying to use a steak loin, at least the cut I used. Either I need to use a different cut next time, or simply cook for less time.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,287 Member
    Options
    nossmf wrote: »
    mtaratoot wrote: »

I do homecooked for almost all my meals. I just need to adjust the cook time next time. Pork pot roasts have greater fat content and thus stay juicier for longer than trying to use a steak loin, at least the cut I used. Either I need to use a different cut next time, or simply cook for less time.

Or, as I understand, go ahead and use a tougher cut and cook LONGER especially if low/slow. The connective tissue starts to fall apart eventually. I can't really say from experience; I don't cook a lot of animals. I did discover braising when I found a nice enameled cast iron Dutch oven nearly new at a thrift shop a couple years ago. Pork shoulder worked fine, and I think I did a big hunk of beef once or twice. I wasn't particularly impressed with the flavor of the vegetables, so I still have work to do if I want to make that stuff. Probably not until fall if I don't do it soon because I don't like to run the oven once it gets hot outside.

We're only three months or so from albacore season. That will be nice. Grilled over charcoal with some green fruit wood but cooked far away from the coals. It falls apart. Oh so good.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Full schedule and long day.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, preacher curls, cable curls 4x15

Assessment: Carne Asada super burrito for dinner.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Lower Power

Rack Pull 5x5
    BB Hip Thrust 5x5
    One-Leg Press 5x5 <superset> Leg Press Calf Extend 5x15
    Roman Chair Knee-Ups 4x20

Food: Last night was homemade spaghetti with side salad

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and class this morning. Warriors won!

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, pullovers 4x15

Assessment: Pork chop and vegetables for dinner.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Upper Hypertrophy

Incline Bench Press 3x10
    DB Bench Press 3x10
    BB Row 4x10 (2 sets pronated, 2 sets supinated)
    Pulldown 3x10 (1 set each hands over, under, neutral-grip)
    Face Pull 3x10
    Cable Lateral Raise 3x10
    Preacher Curl 3x10 (3-second negatives)
    Cable Pushdown 3x10 (5-second negatives)
    Perloff Press 3x15sec

Food: Dinner was leftover parmesan chicken.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF! Full schedule. Another long day.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- rope pressdowns, overhead tricep extensions, dips, lying tricep extensions 4x15

Assessment Taco Bell for dinner.

• nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Lower Hypertrophy

Squats 5x10
    BB Step-Ups 3x12
    Leg Extension 3x12
    Lying Leg Curl 3x12
    Calves Extend 4x15 <superset> Cable Crunch 4x10

Analysis: Tried swapping the squats 4x15 for 5x10 with heavier weights.

Food: Dinner was L&L Hawaiian Barbecue chicken with veggies and rice.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Just clean the house and do laundry today. Raining this weekend so I'll be Netflix and chillin after work.

Strength: quads- linear leg press, Smith machine squats, bulgarian squats, leg extensions 4x15

Assessment: Jack in the Box for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Full schedule. Relax and just grocery shop today later after work.

Strength: hamstrings- seated leg curls, lying leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts 4x15

Assessment: Panda Express for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule today. Last couple of days before the 24 Fitness crowd leaves to go back to their gym. Lol, I truly doubt they will do the up keep on their gym like we do here where they had to relearn how to rerack weights.

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, rope face pulls, rear lateral raises, side lateral raises, single arm cable side laterals, shrugs with dumbbells 4x15

Assessment: Mediterrean for dinner.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Strength: Bench Press Test Day

Bench Press 5x1, 1, 1*, 1*, x*, 5x5
    Cable Row 5x5
    Machine High Pull 5x5
    Cable Woodchoppers 3x10 (Low, Cross, High)

Analysis: After a thorough warmup, I started doing singles leading up to the big try. First star matched my lifetime 1RM from 10 years ago; second star added 10#, and the x* was when I tried another 10* and needed my spotter to get me unstuck at the lowest point, my personal nemesis. I was able to finish the lift alone, but without that low point I didn't count it as a good lift. Still, I call the day a success.

Food: Last night was homemade pizza.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule and class today. One more day and 24 Hour Fitness temp members leave. It's funny how they got to see how a CLEAN gym is ran. In two weeks that gym will be a shambles again since the culture there is of just being slobs and inconsiderate to others.

Cardio: Walking/jog- 260 calories

Strength: chest- Hammer incline bench, machine flat bench, dips, cable crossovers 4x15

Assessment: Spaghetti for dinner.

• nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Lower Power

Squat Test Day
    One-Leg Press 5x5 <superset> Leg Press Calf Extend 5x15

Analysis: Success! Raised my lifetime squat PR. Fully expect this to be the last time I try it, though. My legs may have been able to go further, but my spine was not happy getting compressed.

Food: Last night was pork parmigiana with mashed potatoes