"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options
1474475476477478480»

Replies

• DiscusTank5
    DiscusTank5 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Ugh, these last couple of days. I am really, really tired, and trying to make up for it by eating fun size Snickers bars is just not working out. I'm over-caffeinated as well.

I'm fighting a sinus infection and now have added a chest cough. And the plan is to fly out to Prince Edward Island in a few days for a conference.

My workout yesterday was 30 min. treading water, mostly, with a little swimming in the pool. Today: 3 walks with my dog. We keep a pretty good pace, which is why I "count" our walks as workouts.

Food: hash brown casserole tonight; last night's supper was leftover Domino's pizza.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,691 Member
    Options
    Hey gang,

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy TGIF! Full schedule. Long day and lots of clients today.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- rope pressdowns, overhead tricep extensions, dips, lying tricep extensions 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment Dinaguan with fried rice for dinner.

• nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 9,718 Member
    Options
    Weights: Lower Body

Squats 4x12
    BB Step-Ups 3x12
    Leg Extension 3x12
    Lying Leg Curl 3x12
    Calves Extend <superset> Cable Crunch 4x10, 15, 20, 25

Analysis: Some days you wake up and just know you have to change your workout plan for the day. I chose not to question my body and took 10% off the top of every lift. May have lifted less total volume, but got the workout done despite not feeling it to start.

Food: Dinner was ground hamburger with rice and sautéed mushrooms

• DiscusTank5
    edited June 15
    Options
    Rest day. I'm a mom, though, so even sick I had a work meeting and then a trip to the mall with my kids (so fun--reminds me of high school weekends in the early 90s!).

Meals:
    B: Gk yogurt and keto clusters; L: Chickfila nuggets and fries; S: hummus and veggies; a clementine and NO Snickers
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Going to go see my dad today because I have to work tomorrow for Father's Day.

Cardio: Walk/jog- 260 calories

Strength: quads- linear leg press, Smith machine squats, bulgarian squats, leg extensions 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Panda Express for dinner.
  • DiscusTank5
    Options
    Cardio: short walk with the dog and not much else. Really hot now--I'll go do a bit of gardening in a minute. Bought a couple of new flowering plants today for the front walk.

Food: black tea with half and half, pumpkin overnight oats for b'fast; Starbucks ribbon crunch frappe for lunch (I know, I know); bean-potato casserole and watermelon wedges for supper--also broccoli with cheese even though it didn't go with the other parts of the meal. Oh well. I've never claimed to be Julia Child . . . if I did, maybe I'd make a cold salmon mousse or something else from the 60s. :smile:
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Full schedule. Cleaning my grill. Later I'll grocery shop and do laundry.

Strength: hamstrings- seated leg curls, lying leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Popeye's for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule today. Had a good weekend although Sunday was pretty slow.

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, rope face pulls, rear lateral raises, side lateral raises, single arm cable side laterals, shrugs with dumbbells 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Chinese for Father's Day dinner.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

Happy Tuesday! Full schedule and class today. My workout yesterday was so *kitten*. Get a good one today though.

Cardio: Walking/jog- 260 calories

Strength: chest- Hammer incline bench, machine flat bench, dips, cable crossovers 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Steak and corn for dinner last night.

• nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Upper Body

Bench Press 10x3x80% 1RM
    Cable Row 4x10
    Machine Decline Press 3x10
    Machine High Row 4x10
    Seated Arnold Press 3x10
    DB Curl 3x10 (Twist Curl, Hammer Curl, Concentration Curl) <<superset>> DB Lying Skull Crusher 3x10
    Cable Woodchoppers (Low, Mid, High) 3x10

Analysis: Late start at the gym, had to wrap up in time for work so skipped the isolation moves.

Food: Last night was baked chicken with buttered noodles.

Life: My wife made it home after a week visiting friends out of state, that's good news. My son's dog and his wife's dog had another fight which drew blood, that's bad news. We're pretty sure it stems from the fact her dog is not spayed, his is, and when the one goes into heat she gets hyper aggressive towards the other female. Trying to make arrangements to get her spayed, hoping that'll prevent future aggression.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Humpday! Full schedule and long day.

Cardio: jog/walk- 30 minutes (300 calories)

Strength: biceps- barbell curls, dumbbell curls, preacher curls, cable curls 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Made Asian short ribs for dinner with bok choi.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang!

Happy Thursday! Full schedule and class today. Last day for my GM to be here and get transferred. AM moves up to GM and I'll help him get up to speed with everything.

Strength: back- pulldowns, bent over barbell rows, seated cable rows, pullovers 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Carne Asada superburrito for dinner.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Lower Body

Rack Pull 5x10
    Leg Press 4x15 <<superset>> Seated Calf Raise 4x20 <<superset>> Cable Crunch 4x15

Analysis: My commute via interstate between cities for my job has been a nightmare this week, with a different accident every day causing massive traffic jams and turning a one-hour commute into two+ hours. It's really zapped my energy to hit the gym after work, which is why I'm only on my second workout of the week on Thursday. Combine that with a hitch in my hip limiting what leg movements I could do comfortably today, and not exactly my best workout.

Food: Last night was homemade chicken pot pie.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF! Full schedule. Finishing up the week with my 2nd longest day.

Cardio: jog/walk- 3 miles (350 calories)

Strength: triceps- rope pressdowns, overhead tricep extensions, dips, lying tricep extensions 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment Pizza last night for dinner.
  • nossmf
    Options
    Weights: Upper Body

Bench Press 3x10
    DB Bench Press 3x10
    BB Row 4x10 (2 sets pronated, 2 sets supinated)
    Pulldown 3x10 (1 set each hands over, under, neutral-grip)
    Face Pull 3x10
    DB Upright Row 3x10
    DB Shrugs 3x10
    Preacher Curl 3x10 (3-second negatives)
    Cable Pushdown 3x10 (5-second negatives)
    Perloff Press 3x15sec

Food: Dinner was pan seared BBQ pork chops with buttered potatoes.

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Quads and then get a pedicure and house cleaning today.

Strength: quads- linear leg press, Smith machine squats, bulgarian squats, leg extensions 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Sushi for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Options

Hey gang,

Happy weekend! Full schedule. Finish laundry and grocery shopping this week.

Strength: hamstrings- seated leg curls, lying leg curls, stiff legged deadlifts 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Panera for dinner.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy Monday! Full schedule today. Spent most of yesterday after work binge watching "The Boys" S4 and "House of the Dragon" S2!!!!!

Strength: shoulders- machine shoulder press, rope face pulls, rear lateral raises, side lateral raises, single arm cable side laterals, shrugs with dumbbells 4x12,10,8,6

Assessment: Chinese for dinner.