Judy and Rosa's Fitness Group - EVERYONE WELCOME!!

Options
Our January challenge is one that will stretch you mentally and physically, should you decide to embrace it. It's time to stop wishing you felt and looked different and START MAKING IT HAPPEN!! No one can do it for you, but we will be here to help you every step of the way by providing diet and exercise tips and a little kick in the pants whenever you need it :)

Guidelines:

1. Create a diet plan (see below for a recommended diet plan)
2. Create an exercise program (see my sample below)
3. Journal your food intake and exercise DAILY either online or on paper
4. Create a list of long term and short term goals and WRITE THEM DOWN!
5. Check in at least once per week with progress!! (lbs lost, inches lost etc.)

Here's to a NEW YOU!!

Replies

• Rosa120
    Options
    Our January challenge is one that will stretch you mentally and physically, should you decide to embrace it. It's time to stop wishing you felt and looked different and START MAKING IT HAPPEN!! No one can do it for you, but we will be here to help you every step of the way by providing diet and exercise tips and a little kick in the pants whenever you need it :)

Guidelines:

1. Create a diet plan (see below for a recommended diet plan)
    2. Create an exercise program (see my sample below)
    3. Journal your food intake and exercise DAILY either online or on paper
    4. Create a list of long term and short term goals and WRITE THEM DOWN!
    5. Check in at least once per week with progress!! (lbs lost, inches lost etc.)

Here's to a NEW YOU!!
  • Rosa120
    Options
    My diet plan is 1400 cals/day, 40% protien, 30% carbs, 30% fat. NO white flour, sugar, or fried foods.

My exercise plan is: 3 days/week weight/resistance training, 3 days/week cardio.

My short term goal is to lose 2 lbs by the end of the week.

My long term goal is to get down to 120 lbs by March!!
  • fitnessisfun
    Options
    My goals are pretty much exactly the same as yours!!!
    I am super pumped, I am down 1 pound!!!!!!!
    Love the accountability here.
  • 1Corinthians13
    1Corinthians13 Posts: 5,296 Member
    Options
    My diet plan is 1200/day (unless I workout), and 50% carbs, 30% protein, and 20% fat. That is what I really need to work on - figuring out the carb/protein/fat combo that works for me and staying within it. Staying within the calories is easy, but it's so easy to go over on everything else!

Exercise plan - slowly increase from running 3 miles/day 5 times a week to running 5 miles/day, 5 times a week. Also to increase my weight training and lose inches on my arms - or at least make them more defined!

Short term goal - Lose another pound by next week.

Long term goal - To lose 3 more pounds and to just be healthy. Mentally, physically, spiritually, and emotionally stronger.
  • fitnessisfun
    Options
    That sounds like a great plan! I am also working on getting back into running. I have had 2 successful days so far. I used to run daily up to 10km a day, then I had surgery and just couldn't get myself back into it and as a result gained 10lb. I am really excited to put that behind me and get on with being the healthiest I can be. I realized that I really missed running, what a great outlet, not to mention the cardio benefit!! Hope to hear from you again!!