Does anyone know (calorie counts for activities)

Options
If I want to enter things like "weight lifting" or "bowling", should I be only entering the time that I actually spent throwing the ball down the lane? Or does it account for the down time in between sets or bowls?

Replies

• mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    If I want to enter things like "weight lifting" or "bowling", should I be only entering the time that I actually spent throwing the ball down the lane? Or does it account for the down time in between sets or bowls?

Personally,

I wouldn't count bowling and I find it a very very long stretch to include as exercise. Similar to people who put "cleaning the house"

Because it's not a constant thing, you should really only count throwing the ball. So what, 5 mins a game?

Weight lifting I have found that for my workouts I usually do around 150-200 cals, but that's based on my HMR and I don't lift super heavy & intense yet.
  • krysydawn
    krysydawn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on what you prefer personally. I would maybe take the time that you spent bowling, cut it in half and track that. Because of pausing etc. I wouldn't always track this, but if you are going from NO activity at all, to this.. then I would track it. If you are very active, I probably wouldn't track it at all. Or if you do it daily, I wouldn't track it because its your daily activity that you normally do. I hope this helps. Good luck!
  • mkallie
    mkallie Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    So that's the other part I don't get either... I get classed into 1200 calories a day because my job is desk work... but I generally do a run every other day, walk an hour a day, and do fitness classes 3-4 times a week, plus biking whenever the mood strikes (which was something like 100 miles last week). So is it just as well to track all that and pretend that I'm not active, or to say I'm more active and track less, or say I'm more active and track anyway? I don't really fully grasp what's happening here. It seems to me that if a person is relaly active, they probably have a higher BMR than someone who isn't... so how is that accounted for?