My office is candy land

Options
...Literally. Adjacent to me is my lovely coworker who is a sweetheart..and always has a sweet tooth. She buys tubs of laffy taffy for the whole office. People walk over as they please to choose from her in-cubicle market place. It varies form 3 variations of pretzels to laffy taffy to popsicles to ice cream to..even more.

Maybe its just that the people in my office are too nice? On more than one occasion I have been brought a coffee or candy bar without me even asking! About once a week someone brings in cookies to put out in the kitchen for everyone.

Such sweet, yet evil, coworkers. Such hard work to deny their knidness. I can only bring so many healthy snacks for the day!
I'm sure others have this problem. And I'm sure when I'm done working here (in 5 days!) I will be relieved to not have constant snacks displayed for me.

P.S..Remember how I talked about the woman adjacent to me? She also has Tootsie Pops..

Replies

• Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Pretend it's crack instead of candies haha!

Step away from the bowl!
  • lolomichelle13
    lolomichelle13 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Goodness I hear ya! There are 5 of us ladies at work using my fitness pal and motivating and challenging each other to keep up with our goals. While the lone male on the team has brought in snack size chocolate candy bars, things we all used to eat before two weeks ago. He asks at least one person every day it seems if we want one. At the end of the day last Friday, I gave in and grabbed one from the bowl as I walked by it! :( Luckily I do not walk by it very often at all!
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I work for an advertising agency and the company provides an assortment of free soda for the entire company and caters just about every meeting which seems to occur daily so left-overs are always available. Each Friday the company caters breakfast for the entire firm and my office is right next to one of our 4 kitches so it's very tempting. Keeps me on my toes.
  • sykin
    sykin Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    hahaha - I'm that co-worker at work. I bring in chocolate and have a chocolate jar for my coworkers to take from. I've been doing MFP for almost 8 weeks now and I have yet to dig into my own jar. I use it to tempt myself enough that I won't want it elsewhere. It keeps me focused on eating healthy. LOL - I know that's probably backwards, but it works well for me!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    How about Hershey Kisses? The lady in the office next to me has these ALL the friggin' time. I'm a total chocoholic - makes me crazy.
  • TNGURL
    TNGURL Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I am totally relating... as I am sitting here typing this message to you I am being looked in the eyes by NOT 1...but 12 chocolate candy bars & a bag of cinnamon & caramel popcorn....... yes, I said CHOCOLATE!!!

My co-worker is always bringing in junk food... she even has the Schwan's guy stop by here for goodness sake!! She buys like boxes & boxes of ice creams.

Oh & are ya ready for this PIZZA! Can't get away from the yummy smell of pizza... AND she's always making snide remarks to me like " are you eating tuna again??? " I have to bite my tongue to keep from saying " UH YEAH & ARE YOU ALWAYS GONNA HAVE THAT MUFFIN TOP???? "

Keep in mind this a high maintenance woman that only works a few hours a week because she's the " boss' wife! " She's had 2 boob jobs, lypo suction, tummy tuck AND not to mention countless botox & juvederm injections.......

She eats diet pills & pain meds like pez candy... smokes like a freight train & has early stages of emphysema. She'll smoke a cigarette & then hit an inhaler & she's only 48!!!

I have willpower & that's something her husband can't buy her... :bigsmile: HA!! GET YA SOME!!!!