Protein Smoothies

Options
I would like some smoothie recipes...something easy that can be done in the mornings when I am in rush. Also, if anyone puts protein powder in them, what kind do you recommend...There is so many on the market, it's hard to know what to buy. Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Replies

• thebunnies
    thebunnies Posts: 168
    Options
    i used Lean 25 from GNC, vanilla flavor..

smoothie ideas: any/all frozen fruit, greek yogurt, almond milk, sweetener. you can also add baby spinach for added nutrients - it doesn't add any taste, really.. it just turns the smoothie a funny color.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    8 ice cubes
    1 scoop syntha-6 slow release chocolate protein
    2 rounded scoops optimum nutrition - pro complex chocolate peanut butter protein
    1 spoonful teddie's smooth natural peanut butter with flaxseed oil
    1 banana
    16 oz of water (or so)

Makes a blender-ful, I have a big water bottle that I use just for my morning shake. It's high on calories (670) but after drinking it I'm PUMPED for my am workout and I'm usually not hungry until around 4 or 5 pm. You could obviously make a smaller recipe if you wanted.
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Not sure about the smoothies but I use Shakeology daily and love it. Lots of nutrition, meal replacement, and only 150 calories. Keeps me full until lunch and very portable.
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I just posted a strawberry banana and coconut smoothie recipe on my blog this morning. http://mamaroad.blogspot.com - I would suggest omitting the coconut oil and using Jillian Michaels vanilla whey protein powder. I have also used CytoSport complete whey protein in the past and LOVE it, but it's more expensive and harder for me to find than the Jillian Michaels powder, which is at walmart.