WEN

Options
smuehlbauer
smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
Does anyone use WEN products for their hair?
I know one person that swears by it, but nobody else I know uses it.
I'd like to be able to grow my hair out and have healthy hair.
If you use it or have used it, what's your opinion on it?
Thanks,
Steph

Replies

• JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    My sister got it and quickly returned it. It made her hair really greasy looking. Might work for some though. The commercials are pretty convincing :smile:
  • dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I tried it for a few months and I did like the way my hair felt but I had to use alot of the product and in the long run was just too costly for me.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jendra11339
    Options
    I haven't used it, but considering getting it. I looked at a lot of online reviews and found that when it worked for people they had problems with how costly it is. People with thick, curly hair (like mine) also had to use a lot of product, so they ran out even faster and had to spend more money than those with thinner hair.
    I suggest looking for shampoo and conditioner that is sulfate free, I use l'oreal sulfate free shampoo and conditioner. Also, I only shampoo once or twice a week. I condition every time I shampoo and then every other day. I keep a wide tooth comb in the shower to get knots out while the water is running through my hair on the days with no conditioner. I also towel dry my hair very gently (no rubbing!) to prevent frizz.
  • JsGirl93
    JsGirl93 Posts: 1,156
    Options
    I use the Sally's version.
  • firefightinflip
    Options

.......and that hair doesn't lie....look at it!! It's amazing!
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I tried it once. It says to use so many more pumps than necessary I found though. I have longer hair and used just 4-5 I believe. It's been a while since I used it but I think my hair did better when I used it 2 days in a row, then my regular shampoo the 3rd.

It was ok, but once you order you are on an automated delivery schedule. The second shipment was a bigger bottle that was pretty expensive for what it was. I sent it back and discontinued.

You can order just the bottles only (without all the other items) on ebay if you want to try just the conditioning cleanser alone. That's what I would recommend. (They have body cleanser too, so the one for hair is called conditioning cleanser.)
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I have used both Wen & the Sally (Hair One). I like the Wen better but not so much over the Hair One that I am willing to spend the extra money. I also have a coworker who purchases both and mixes them to make her Wen last longer.
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    My sister got it and quickly returned it. It made her hair really greasy looking. Might work for some though. The commercials are pretty convincing :smile:

She probably didn't rince it out well enough.
  • smuehlbauer
    Options

Thanks - I think that I will try Sally's!
    And you do have beautiful hair!
  • smuehlbauer
    Options
    I have used both Wen & the Sally (Hair One). I like the Wen better but not so much over the Hair One that I am willing to spend the extra money. I also have a coworker who purchases both and mixes them to make her Wen last longer.

Thanks!
  • GrowOrDie
    Options
    I used it for a while and now I use the "Its a Ten" brand... I can only get it at the salon but it is SUPER amazing! But people with curly hair do better with really moisturizing products! WEN smells amazing, that was the biggest perk about it!