Labor Day Half Marathon

Options
Well... this is my first race since the Flying Pig Marathon this past May 1st. I did NOT train like I should have over the summer... my big lame excuse was because of the HEAT! :wink:

BUT... my son's girflriend is running it with me, and we're both SUPER excited!

Would love to hear of anyone else planning upcoming running events! Shout out!! :bigsmile:

Replies

• 27strange
    27strange Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Sounds like loads of fun!!!! Enjoy the race!

I am training for a half in October. The heat has been terrible this year here in mid-MO but keep on keeping on as best I can.
  • javaruck
    javaruck Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    My labor day weekend will include the Disneyland 5K on Saturday and then the Disneyland Half Marathon on Sunday. After that, I need to buckle down and get my long runs cranking for the Santa Clarita Marathon in November.

Have fun with your Half (which one are you running?)
  • kylielouttit
    kylielouttit Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I want to do the Disney Princess Marathon sooooo bad!

For me, I am doing the Dinosaur Valley Half Marathon on September 11th. It's a run through the Alberta Badlands, where a lot of fossils are. My training is not as fabulous this time and I seem to have hurt my butt muscles so I am just going to pretent a t-rex is chasing me!
  • c2sky
    c2sky Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Have sooooooooooo much fun. Hope the weather is decent. Yes, you probably arlready know about mine. I'm doing the Leavenowrth Washington OKTOBERFEST 1/2 in the mountains. My daughter is flying in from Utah, to do it with me. It will be her first. At first I thought I would be staying with her, but yesterday she did a short run and did 3 miles in 24 minutes. Last week, she did a 7:14 mile. I think I'll be struggling to keep up with her. She says her long runs are closer to what I'm doing. I'm going to have to help her pace, so that she doesn't spend her wad at the beginning from all the excitement.