Diet Soda

Options
2»

Replies

• mamax5
    mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Well, I gave them up and it helped my sugar cravings and craving to just eat whatever are much more controllable. I' rather not deal with the cravings. I liked diet cream soda....but not enough to deal with the cravings that came with it.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    bad20idea.gif what is up with these threads todaysFun_duh2-1.gif
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I was fond of diet soda as well..and slowly weened myself off of it..now, my main source is water..but I do have an occasional diet pepsi...but keep it on a low level..as I realized that I was drinking more diet than water..and was making me feel bloated and tons of bathroom breaks..haha..soooo, now, I'm great with water....hubby on the other hand..eeks...is having a hard time stopping his diet soda levels..:tongue:
  • Leslietheriot
    Leslietheriot Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I am going to have my occasional Coke Zero because a) I like them and it saves me 160 calories and b) it can't be any worse than the processed food items that I was eating before I started this. You can find a reason to give up everything. What are you going to do? Starve? I doubt it. But just to be on the safe side...don't eat chicken either because they give them hormones and steriods. What is that doing for your health. And watch out for vegetables because of pesticides...oh no!! So...you guys let me know when y'all find something safe to eat...until then...I'm going to get a coke zero.
  • mamax5
    mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
    Options

It's repeat day! Didn't you hear? :laugh:
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options

It's repeat day! Didn't you hear? :laugh:

I think I missed the memo on that one lol i thought it was wang wensday hahahah
  • stinastudios
    stinastudios Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I've cut my diet soda drinking down quite a bit, but not because of the artificial sugars. Simply put, soda makes me bloat, and I hate working out with a gut full of soda. So I drink water, plain or with crystal light/MiO/etc. Every once in a while I'll still have one, though. Everything in moderation.
  • lstpaul
    lstpaul Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Well, I gave them up and it helped my sugar cravings and craving to just eat whatever are much more controllable. I' rather not deal with the cravings. I liked diet cream soda....but not enough to deal with the cravings that came with it.
    exactly my experience too ... no diet pop=less cravings (at least for me)
  • SeanMurphy
    Options
    If you are comfortable having added chemicals in your diet and things made in a lab than keep drinking it.

I'm quite fond of chemicals and things made in labs. Like Penicillin. Vicodin. Claritin. Xanax. Even my contact lenses!

THIS! Thank the stars that some people see that "artificial" doesn't always mean "bad". If we didn't have them, we'd have the same life expectancy of people a thousand years ago, 30-40 years.
  • JennsLosing
    Options
    If you are comfortable having added chemicals in your diet and things made in a lab than keep drinking it.

I'm quite fond of chemicals and things made in labs. Like Penicillin. Vicodin. Claritin. Xanax. Even my contact lenses!

THIS! Thank the stars that some people see that "artificial" doesn't always mean "bad". If we didn't have them, we'd have the same life expectancy of people a thousand years ago, 30-40 years.
    good point. im sure somebody will be here shortly to attack pharmaceutical companies too though.
  • zumba89
    Options
    I love diet soda. I only drink 12 oz 2 times a day. I'm try to drink more water then soda on workout days. So i only drink soda at dinner time. Drinking more then 12 oz at one time just feels to much for me. This is so much less then what i use to drink 7 to 10 cups of soda a day 1 cup of water and even more of juice sad.