Shredding in September

Replies

• Oplesandbanonos
    Oplesandbanonos Posts: 99 Member
    i am on day 3 today. my 3 year old laughs at me when i do the pushups and i have no idea why haha, but day 3 is today. i rested yesterday because i was so busy with everything else, but i'm ready!

do you guys think it would be redundant to do a 60 day shred? 20 days of each levels instead of 10?
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Hi Oples, Cris and jess! :flowerforyou:

Day #2 - I took it "easy" but my shoulders and upper arms still hurt. A lot. :grumble:
    Girl push ups and the last group of cardio was sort of a shuffle.

Changed my Day #1 pics to the "Private" setting in Flickr and they're still here. I guess I'm okay, not many men wander in to the 30DS threads. I think. hmmm......
  • kamakameleon
    kamakameleon Posts: 20 Member
    Did my L1D3 a little late in the day today, but that makes me even more proud that I still did it! I can already tell a little bit of a difference as far as endurance goes!
  • E130
    E130 Posts: 3
    day two down!
  • thanks DVD arrived yesterday i'm off to buy my hand weights this morning - DAY 1 of Shred will commence today :-)
  • Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    I'm down for this! I started shredding with weights yesterday, and six week six pack the day before. I use a 10lb dumb bell because I'm not ready yet for a kettle bell.

I am so sore, my hair hurts!

Good luck to you all!

Hello! :smile:
    10lb? I don't even know if I could lift that much, good for you! Kettlebells scare me, I'm pretty sure I'd take out the TV, coffee table and a few cats if I tried. :wink:
    LMAO @ A few cats
  • Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    I haven't gotten my shred on yet. :(
    I will get it done this afternoon.
    Here are my starting Measurements:

SW= 154
    Chest= 33.5
    waist=34.5
    Hips= 43.5
    thigh=(L)25,(R)24.75
    arms= (L)13.25(R)13.5

Taking these measurements did not make me happy, especially when my waist is bigger than my underbust. :(
  • Silverkittycat
    Day #3 done. A bit easier and a bit boring. I added some of my own moves in. :wink:

I wanted to get it out of the way early so I didn't spend the rest of the day dreading it.:embarassed: It really does get easier and like kamakameleon I noticed some improvement in my endurance. Hopefully it will soon become less of a chore, it would be so nice to look forward to doing it. Visible results would be a great motivator - I need to go look at some before and after pics again.

Have a great Saturday!
  • cheechee13
    cheechee13 Posts: 23 Member
    I'm on day 3 now & the muscles in my bum hurt, which i actually quite like cos it makes me think i'm working them. I have achilles tendonitis too, i take an ibuprofen if i need it but since gettin a good pair of trainers its miles better. :)
  • D2 and 3 all done. Hate pushups and bicycle crunches. Doing most of it without stopping this time around, which is ace
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Ok day 3 it's done and I'm sore!! And my knees hurt : (. But o well I'm not stoping for 30 days!

O yea and I decided to weight myself just the first day.. I'm 154 and then I will weight mysel on day 30 only o don't wanna be obsessed with the scale so goodbye I won't see you in 27 days!!
  • Silverkittycat
    ooooo.........we're already on Day #4!

I'm still trying to wake up...still sore in my upper body but I'll wait until after I complete it to take some Advil. I don't want to block any pain and overdue it. I can't decide if I want to modify anything today. I'll still do the pushups "girl" style but I might do a few less of them. I might do some of the exercises that use dumbells without them - just the motions. I can't decide. I've been reading previous 30DS threads and many members continue through any soreness, most of them feel no pain after 4 or 5 days in.

Yesterday I noticed my endurance increased - good motivation to continue! I also feel tighter, firmer....something. I almost got out the measuring tape but stopped myself - I don't want to get discouraged if I don't see an improvement in 3 days. :laugh:

cheechee - I WANT the muscles in my bum to hurt! :laugh: jealous.

How's everyone else doing? I know some of you just started or will be starting tomorrow. :smile:
  • Silverkittycat
    Finished Day#4 earlier after a 20 minute yoga warmup. Didn't use dumbells at all and substituted down dogs for pushups. So much easier to focus on breathing and alignment, I should have done that before I started.

Stamina has really improved and I actually enjoyed it! :smile:
    Soreness is almost gone - woohoo!
    I feel MUCH firmer in my abs but I'll wait until Day#10 to measure.

Tomorrow AM I'll be ready for Day #5, tonight I'd like to get a longer yoga practice in just to relax.

if-you-think-you-can-you-can.gif
  • Sorry I haven't posted can't get to a computer until tomorrow but I have done the shred day 3 n 4... Had to modify all cardio to just punches cause of this lower body injury but I'm determined to keep doing it either way! Hope you are all shredding n having a great holiday weekend!
  • kamakameleon
    kamakameleon Posts: 20 Member
    L1D4 yesterday, and D5 done today! My soreness is definitely starting to ease up.
    Keep it up everyone!
  • cheechee13
    cheechee13 Posts: 23 Member
    Day 5 done & loving it again, not so sore which is good! Go Shredders Go!!
  • Silverkittycat
    Completed Day 5 yesterday! Slight soreness in upper body but not nearly as bad as the first few days. I'm still doing girly pushups though. I'd rather do a decent amount with knees on the ground than just a few so Im okay with that. It'd be nice to have lighter weights for the side lunges, it might be just me but wow......my poor shoulders. :laugh:

I'm still adding about 20 minutes in yoga after the DVD. I like it.
  • Hi there!

I started this DVD yesterday and was a little confused...

Are you supposed to do Workout 1 everyday for 10 days, then switch to 2 and then 3 or alternate 1, 2, 3 every 3 days?

Thanks!
  • Silverkittycat
    I've noticed many members in previous 30DS complaining about knee pain. Jillian doesn't spend much time explaining correct form and alignment, does she? :wink:

Some of you might find this more useful than "Don't let your knees go past your toes." -

tumblr_loz7i6qg8x1qizf6g.jpg
  • Silverkittycat
    Hi there!

I started this DVD yesterday and was a little confused...

Are you supposed to do Workout 1 everyday for 10 days, then switch to 2 and then 3 or alternate 1, 2, 3 every 3 days?

Thanks!

Hi kiki!
    Yes, 10 days each level. It's my first time doing it but I think the levels are meant to get progressively harder......fun fun fun.
    Good Luck shredding! :smile: