Things that make me want to eat....

Options
My mother! ARGH! How can we have such a great relationship and yet she drives me CRAZY. I can't do anything right - "There's a breeze, dress the baby warmer, but it's not hot, you should have dressed him cooler, look, he's sweating!" She keeps offering to watch the boys while I workout, then my planned workout isn't what she would do (She's recently lost 65lbs by eating no refined nothing and bouncing on a "rebounder").

I'm happy she is looking after herself after all these years, but really! ARGH! I'm not where she is. I'm at home now on mat-leave, but I usually work full time. She raised 2 kids at home and now is living on my dad's fat pension. She has no worries but herself. Good for her. She deserves it, but I'm just not there right now!

Replies

• dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    The horizontal slide makes me hungry.
  • JohnFurie
    Options
    Well I used to be a secret eater, but since I had a health scare I turned that around. Now I just get hungry after working out...
  • jeanie✰
    jeanie✰ Posts: 127
    Options
    Subway makes me hungry. Not even kidding. If I have even one bite of Subway everything just goes downhill after that. Talking to angry people at work also makes me "hungry". By hungry, I mean I want to be chewing on something so my mouth is too full to make rude comments that are equal to what some of the crap people tell me is.
  • Spending "quality time" with my Hunk-a-man:-)
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    The horizontal slide makes me hungry.

yep! :devil: :smokin:
  • Goofy076
    Goofy076 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    LMAOO my MIL..ohhh wait ..no she makes me wanna drink forget the eating hahaha :)
  • brarew
    brarew Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Nacho commercials and french toast commercials! Those are the worst! I have to hide my eyes.
  • Shawtee808
    Shawtee808 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Mothers!!! Arrghhh...U gotta love them! lol!
  • katinka13
    Options
    watching Gilmore Girls!
  • Brandi_Lee
    Options
    My mom is the same way. She just lost 30lbs, and she's happy for me that i'm trying to do the same but nothing I do is what she would do. I love her with all my heart but sometime I don't like her that much.

So your not alone, I find that comforting and I hope you do too!
  • Shawtee808
    Shawtee808 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    My mom is the same way. She just lost 30lbs, and she's happy for me that i'm trying to do the same but nothing I do is what she would do. I love her with all my heart but sometime I don't like her that much.

So your not alone, I find that comforting and I hope you do too!

I'm in the same situation. Nothing I do is right or something she would do....Like I said in my earlier post, Mom's GOTTA LUV EM! lol I'm glad that I'm not the only adult that still has an overpowering Mother!
  • Brandi_Lee
    Options
    And i forgot to mention that she lives with my husband and I :grumble: