Eating my Exercise Calories!! - The Results!!

Options
Ok a few weeks ago I posted a 'not eating my exercise calories' topic about how I wasn't getting enough energy to train properly because I wasn't eating back all or most of my calories burned!

I was eating 1260 cals per day but on my workout days I could burn anything from 300 to 1000+ cals which I wasn't eating back so I was tired for my following workouts.

THE RESULT:
I eat back 1/2 or 2/3 of my exercise cals and found I have much more energy for my though workouts and I still managed to loose the weight! Granted I only wanted to lose 3lbs and I now weigh 128.4lb!!

It goes to show it does work and I now feel the better for it!

Hope this helps someone else, and if you want more motivation like I do, add me as a friend!!

FuffaGirl (",)

Replies

• bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    awesome positive update!!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    So glad this worked for you. It's so annoying when you get 'stuck'! Well done.
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    It DOES work!!!! People always ask how I have so much energy to workout hard.....well I EAT. I dont starve myself and I am still losing as well!!!! GOOD JOB :-)
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    great news... there have been MILLIONS of posts about eating exercise cals recently, so hopefully this will help! xx
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I used to be one of those that worried about eating back calories. After reading many reasons why it was a good idea and seeing the success of others, I opted to start eating back 1/2 and sometimes up to 2/3 of my calories. Results? Weight loss and feeling much more energized. Well done!
  • JasonsWeightliftingWife
    Options
    Thanks I will try it!
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    good job!! i usually reeat my work out calories, and i find that i have more energy to keep working out and going through the day too!! i tell everyone, you need to eat to lose weight!! lol.
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: bump!
  • smbakke77
    smbakke77 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    thanks for this update. I have gone from not eating my calories back to trying to eat back as many as I can and I have started losing weight again after a plateau.
  • katinka13
    Options
    Always thought it would bounce right back.. Thank you! Will try.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I too have started eating back my workout cals.... so my net cals stay above 1200 (usually 1300-1375 range... still working on it). I've lost weight too! I was so dead tired all the time.... Nearly falling asleep right after every work out. My body was running on empty. There's only so long you can do that before you have to push your car across a busy intersection and into the gas station.... cant let it get that low and still expect results. Its important to nourish your body. Expect water retention when doing increased muscle strength exercises and for goodness sakes, just take it one step at a time!
  • grimms11208
    grimms11208 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this. I have been on MFP for 8 months now and I had a set goal but I manually changed my calorie intake to 1290. Because to me 1200 was that "magical" number I would also only eat 200-300 calories back from my exercise calories. So, what I figured out yesterday was that I was only eating a net of 600-800 calories a day!!!! How dumb of me for probably the last 6 months I have put myself into starvation mode! Although I have been seeing the results they are not the kind of results I should be seeing due to the intensity of my workouts! Needless to say I uped not only my total calories to 1430 but for the first time I ate all of my exercise calories back yesterday. I feel wonderful today, not guilt about anythign that I am eating I feel refreshed and I am frankly a little ticked at myself for not realizing what I was doing to myself earlier! I am now going to eat all my calories and again slowly lose the weight to get to my goal!

Thank you for your motivation and encouragement!
  • kirsty0911
    kirsty0911 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! this is so good to know. Coming from someone who sometimes feels 'guilty' about hitting 1200 calories (before even attempting to eat my exercise calories) this is just what I needed to hear.

Keep up your good work x