First weigh in and 9 pounds down

Options
Good Morning everyone! :happy:

I just weighed. I joined a couple of weeks ago but just got the nerve to weigh in after Christmas etc. (Those truffles don't look nearly as good when they reside on your hips). Shocked myself. Down 9 pounds. Just wanted to tell someone.

pewtie

114639.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

Replies

• pewtie
    pewtie Posts: 18
    Options
    Good Morning everyone! :happy:

I just weighed. I joined a couple of weeks ago but just got the nerve to weigh in after Christmas etc. (Those truffles don't look nearly as good when they reside on your hips). Shocked myself. Down 9 pounds. Just wanted to tell someone.

pewtie

114639.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :drinker: What a way to start the new year!
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Congrats! If you can loose nine pounds over the holidays....you can do anything!
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I agree with lessertess!! That is a huge feat. Good job! :flowerforyou: Congrats!
  • micmek
    Options
    That's awesome and very inspiring to me. I'm struggling through this holiday season and you've just given me the little kick I needed. Congratulations and keep it up!
  • iftcheiaf
    iftcheiaf Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Awesome. That is amazing!!! Celebrate with a relaxing pedicure or manicure or something. You've earned it.

dancing-smiley.gif
  • dareric
    Options
    Congratulations pewtie! You should be extremely proud of yourself - especially during the most difficult time of the year. It is showing that you worked hard - very hard. Any secrets you want to share

I sure hope I can be so lucky. While I have recorded every ounce of food that has gone into my mouth for the past 4 days and worked out every day, I'm not seeing much on the scale yet. Even though I'm staying within my calorie requirements and busting my behind in cardio work plus doing extra on my new Wii Fit balance board (xmas gift - thanks hubby!) I know I need to be patient. This is so hard. I'm dedicated to keeping it up though and just see the 1st 5 pounds go bye bye to give me the extra enthusiasm I need to shed all of the unwanted pounds. Happy New Year everyone and thanks a ton for your support.
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    AWESOME!
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Im very proud of you!! Keep on keepin on!!:drinker: :drinker:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Hi guys- My first post-

I started on Saturday, and I weighed myself at the gym, and on my new at-home scale. It said 237. (Awful)
    I have been faithfully staying within the calorie amounts, and have done about 30 min. of exercise each day.
    I know we're supposed to weigh only once a week, but I hopped on that scale this morning and it said 230. I thought NO WAY. So i took measurements as well. 1 inch missing in waist, 1.5 inches missing in hips.
    Can this be real? Is it because I measured on day 1 in the afternoon, and measured today first thing in the morning? I don't want to get all excited over nothing. I set the parameters so that I'd lose 2 lbs/week (since my BMI is 36), intending to get less aggressive as my BMI goes down.

I want to get happy over this, but my husband tells me that time of day is crucial and what I'm seeing is probably not totally genuine. He says because of gravity working on you all day that your measurements will be smaller in the morning, and also points out that I was clothed (and wearing shoes) the first time I weighed, and not clothed the second. I know the scale thing is probably not a true 7 lb loss, but what about the inches? What do you guys think?
  • schoonmp
    schoonmp Posts: 175
    Options
    :mad: Don't listen to your hubby. You should be happy. He should be happy for you not bring you down. I'm happy for ya. Pam
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    WTG!!! That is awesome! Congrats!! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Don't get me wrong-He's not saying it to be mean, or bring me down, he is being the voice of reason about the weight- I know there is no real way that i lost seven pounds in two days. I'm just wondering if you guys know anything about the measurements, and if time of day really fluctuates them like weight does.
  • Lyndal
    Lyndal Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Good for you:happy: Well done:flowerforyou:
  • kdanderson05
    Options
    I so agree. When I lost almost 5lbs over the holidays I knew that I can continue on this journey and conquer anything!
  • pewtie
    pewtie Posts: 18
    Options
    Well, I am not going overboard with the counting and worrying about every little morsel going in my mouth. What I decided to do was just eat more vegetables and train my stomach to be happy with less food in general. I am eating portions rather than platefuls. That helps. And staying out of the snacking.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

Don't get me wrong-He's not saying it to be mean, or bring me down, he is being the voice of reason about the weight- I know there is no real way that i lost seven pounds in two days. I'm just wondering if you guys know anything about the measurements, and if time of day really fluctuates them like weight does.
    LuckyLeprechaun Oh you certainly could of...water weight does count as WEIGHT!! Water weight can really do a number on us! Be Proud for being faithful and stickin to the excercie and getting off the lbs and inches!

Weighing the same time each day with the same type of clothing does keep it a bit more in tune, but sometimes we all just jump on for motivation so what the heck!!:bigsmile: :laugh:

Just a thought:flowerforyou: I may have missed it but if you haven't posted an intro under the MFP 'introduction' section you might jump over and do that so many more folks can give you a shout out and you can share your victory with them as well...:drinker: :bigsmile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Pewtie...way to go over the Holidays...that food just wasn't worth it to me this year either!!:laugh: :blushing: :bigsmile: Good for you:heart:
  • mom22kiddies2
    Options
    Good For you!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • hibbler22
    hibbler22 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Congrats on your weigh loss! Keep up the good work! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!